Rear boot cigarette socket

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

How the heck does it work?

Seems to be dead 99% of the time. I plugged a light into it and it illuminated once randomly when I was doing something, but for the life of me I have never got power to it ever again.
You would think it came on when you got in the car or pressed the brake pedal.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

If I open the door, stick my leg in thecar and press the brake pedal, then engage "D", without touching the accelerator, I can get the 12V socket to come on without being sat in the car. Doesn't seem right to do that though - I can imagine the car would possibly creep forward if you accidentally touch the accelerator.

You can move the 12V fuse down into its alternative position and it will be always on.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 456

Ah interesting. Why the hell the fuse allocations are not on the lids of the fuseboards is just beyond me.

I tried putting it in drive and it crept forward a little. So they only go live when you are in drive? That is beyond stupid. What possible use is that to anyone.
Why are they not live when the car is unlocked for air compressors etc?

I wonder some times about what they call progress
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Stevolution wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:08 pm
I tried putting it in drive and it crept forward a little. So they only go live when you are in drive? That is beyond stupid. What possible use is that to anyone.
Why are they not live when the car is unlocked for air compressors etc?
Sadly, I suspect it is more about how litigious people have become. If the socket was live by default, there would be people who would connect electrical items that would drain the battery. They would then sue the manufacturers for their inconvenience/loss of time/whatever so the manufacturers err on the side of caution. It's not progress, it's a sad reflection on the times we live in.
The good news is that the manufacturer has given you a choice in how you configure it so you can have it your way, but you can't sue them for your choice.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Deleted User 456

Hmm. OK, I will have a look at the fuse. But that makes it live all the time?
I was hoping to make it ignition all the time (which it doesn't appear to be)
Deleted User 456

Wow... this car is buttoned up TIGHT

Just tried removing the sill on the passenger side. 35 minutes later I managed to get it back correctly. It's like some kind of Japanese puzzle.
Think my best bet is just to not bother installing my cameras and tracker.

I have always wired my own stuff up on cars (I am a sparky), but this thing is just too well clipped together with one time snappy fixings for my liking.
Think I may suck it up and ask the dealer to sort it out (first time ever, but hey ho)
Deleted User 456

Can someone point (preferably with a pic) at the fuse I need to move to make it live all the time? Really wish they would put a fuse listing in the lid of the box :roll:
Thanks
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

6DC2B3B5-C0F1-4C62-BA0F-222BCC56CCC5.jpeg

Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Deleted User 456

You are a legend. Thank you
Deleted User 456

All done thanks. But OMG, the stupid ignition is only on when you are sitting in the drivers seat is so annoying.
Really wish there was an option for timeout or press button over-ride.

Trying to set my in-car camera up with it switching off every time I lifted my bum off the seat was most annoying