12 v socket and tyre pressures

All CUPRA Born related discussions
steve green

Post by steve green »

After 4 months of owning my Born it started grounding on a small hump on my drive.
I checked the tyre pressures and all 4 were barely over 20 psi, way too low but the Born's tyre pressure alert has never given any indication of a problem.
I reckon the dealer had not inflated them much and colder weather made all the difference.
So I tried to use the supplied air compressor with the 12 volt socket in the boot.
Found it only works with the ignition on and as soon as I get out of the drivers seat to monitor the compressor/pressures it cuts out.
Says in the manual the socket only works with the ignition on,
Any ideas how I can keep the ignition on while using the socket on my own other than a rock on the seat and the pedal ?.
I pumped them all up to 35 psi with a bike pump and the grounding stopped.
New V1 Owner from July 2022

UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Could you not open your driver window then press the ignition switch underneath the right indicator stalk on the steering wheel column? Pretty sure this’d then turn the ignition on for you.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

The 12v socket fuse has 2 positions - one where it only comes on with the ignition, and one where it is always on. There are 3 connections - by default it is plugged into pins 1 and 2 for ignition only, unplug it and replug it into pins 2 and 3 to be permanently on.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:19 pm The 12v socket fuse has 2 positions - one where it only comes on with the ignition, and one where it is always on. There are 3 connections - by default it is plugged into pins 1 and 2 for ignition only, unplug it and replug it into pins 2 and 3 to be permanently on.
Didn’t know this, thanks for sharing 👍
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey