Beats Audio subwoofer (V3)

All CUPRA Born related discussions
CupraKevin

Post by CupraKevin »

I finally picked up my Cupra Born last weekend. Coming from a 2019 Seat Ibiza with Beats Audio (which were amazing) I got high hopes the sound system in the Born would be even better. The stats would suggest so as the Born has more speakers and the amplifier has more power.

Unfortunately it sounds like a downgrade. I tried all the EQ settings in the car, different audio sources and different apps on my phone to play music, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. On lower volumes everything sounds pretty good but when I turn the volume up to above 75% the bass becomes very unclear.

Does anyone have the same issues? Do you guys have any tips to improve the sound?

Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Yes I agree
My Golf GTE had dynaudio fitted & was way better than the Beats audio in my Born!
V3, Aurora Blue, Beats Audio, Glass Roof
Big Mal

Post by Big Mal »

The Beats system sounded very thin when I first had the car, but it seems the speakers need time to loosen up. and I've covered 1300 miles and it sounds much fuller.
Cupra Born V3, Aurora Blue, tech pack M, Beats
Delvered= Aug. '22
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

I have the beats system. It's OK. Not as amazing as it should be for the money, but heard worse.
But... if anyone asked, I would save your money
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

Stevolution wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:37 pm I have the beats system. It's OK. Not as amazing as it should be for the money, but heard worse.
But... if anyone asked, I would save your money
Keep in mind you don't get any rear speakers without Beats option, for some that is probably worth it. If I had known I would have specified it, how a £38K car doesn't have them is beyond me.
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

Wow... thank God I added the Beats system then.
My old Ford Ranger factory sound system blows this Beats system out of the water (granted, I added an underseat sub).
Pederb

Post by Pederb »

Give it a couple hundred hours for it to break in fully
-2023 Cupra Born 77kW with Beats-
Savage

Post by Savage »

TBH I had beats in the Cupra Ateca, it wasn't all that.
The standard audio system is fine for my use, I don't have it loud and it plays FLAC no issue which is more than can be said for the Ateca.
A quick twiddle with the tone system to set my preference, and thats it. I spent more time working out and adding radio favourites ... its a pity the station jump can't be made to just select from my favourites, but no biggie as I usually listen to the 120+ gb of flac files on the USB thumbdrive :lol:
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Savage wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:30 pm TBH I had beats in the Cupra Ateca, it wasn't all that.
The standard audio system is fine for my use, I don't have it loud and it plays FLAC no issue which is more than can be said for the Ateca.
A quick twiddle with the tone system to set my preference, and thats it. I spent more time working out and adding radio favourites ... its a pity the station jump can't be made to just select from my favourites, but no biggie as I usually listen to the 120+ gb of flac files on the USB thumbdrive :lol:
In the radio settings menu you can select if the < > steering wheel buttons navigate all stations or just the favourites.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Elea4 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:33 pm In the radio settings menu you can select if the < > steering wheel buttons navigate all stations or just the favourites.
Thank you, Ill look into that :)
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.