Entry/exit lights

All CUPRA Born related discussions
izzy77

Post by izzy77 »

Hi there
Anyone have any problems with these upon unlocking? Took delivery today and went out tonight expecting to see the fabulous lights and nothing! Worked a couple of times but then, nothing.

Puddle lights and door lights. That's it. I know it can work for the 3 or 4 times it actually did it.

Very underwhelmed...
Any help appreciated 🙂

Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

This post has made me wonder if my car has got it. I looked in the manual and on page 118 it states that in the Comfort light settings there is a choice of "Classic" or "Dynamic". The Dynamic setting is supposed to include animation. On my car there is no choice, just the duration. It does state Animation but this is greyed out. My car is a V2 58kWhr with Tech pack L. Having said all of this, I haven't checked to see if I've got the feature yet (as its been light since I read this post) but I am puzzled that the menu in the car doesn't match the manual and I can't see anything in the literature to say which models or options get this feature. I am wondering if I am looking in the wrong place in the infotainment system for the option to select the entry/exit mode?
izzy77

Post by izzy77 »

I got sorted - not sure how but at least I have I lights on when I unlock. I had a look at the manual and "depending on equipment" line is on there ... I definitely don't have any options in relation to classic or dynamic, just the duration. I must not have the aforementioned equipment! It is on my partner's ID4. Shame - It is lovely.
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

Mine does exhibit a sparkling effect of little leds in the headlights- don’t know if this is the animation?
izzy77

Post by izzy77 »

I think that's it. My Leon's rear light turned on beautifully and I think I was expecting that too. Mind you, the ambient lighting in the Leon was gorgeous too.
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

I think they’ve just got rid of the option to have a classic/non-animated operation.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

It says in the manual you can select between standard or animated front and rear, but my menu to do this is grade out so I just have front animation.

613DB8F0-C988-4CAA-87D1-6DB3999691D9.jpeg

Mine
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Be nice if our rears did this

pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

Betty b wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:57 pm Be nice if our rears did this

That does look cool. Is it not something that can be done via the ODB?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

😂🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞