Several configurations not being saved

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
diN0

Post by diN0 »

Hey Borners!

Have my Born since July and it has been a wonderful experience so far!

However, there are one thing that is driving me nuts and I want to know if this is a general bug for everyone or if it's just me being stupid :D

There are several configuration that every now and then gets completely wrong values when I turn on the car. Examples:
- Interior lights: I configured the interior lights to be red on doors. It can remains red a couple of days but every now and then when I get back to the car in the morning and I turn it on, suddenly that config is gone and they can be green, blue, or whatever Born wants to! :shock:
- A/C: When I'm driving alone it turns on the Eco mode (just one sided A/C) in the temperature I left the day before, which is cool. Everything was saved fine. If someone is on the passenger seat, by default their zone is in the "LO" temperature! I set a nice temperature and everything is fine (or turn on the SYNC mode). When I get back to the car with the passenger the day after, their zone is again in "LO" temperature.
- Not all the times, but sometimes when I start the car the infotainment system tells me that "there are new configurations for the user. Do you want to apply them?" I tried multiple times to accept or decline this prompt in order to check if those missing configurations get back to the expected state, but it seems that nothing happens either when accepting our declining the prompt.

Have you guys experienced this in your Born?

Thanks!

Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

Maybe worth posting your software build as it may be some of these are resolved in later versions? I don't think any cars have seen an OTA upgrade yet (?) however more recently delivered cars do have newer builds. Hopefully VW will get to grips with updates soon but progress so far on the ID models seems pretty poor. I expect Cupra will be behind the queue :?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

All those things happen with our 2 borns and they're both on 3.0. They're coming complaints too , the car forgetting what colour the ambient lighting should be was one of the first common foibles reported on this site.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
diN0

Post by diN0 »

Thanks for both replies. Apparently I'm not alone! :D

Just for the record:
- ID.Software version: 3.0.0
- Hardware: H30
- Software: 0333
- Hardware ABT: H43
- Software ABT: 6082