Car arrived, 2 questions please

All CUPRA Born related discussions
RG22

Post by RG22 »

Hi all.

I just received my new Cupra Born 58kw V3 in Quasar grey on Wednesday. I'm very happy with the car and pleased to say I have no problem at all with the infotainment, no lags and the sliders work perfectly, I don't even have a problem with the the haptic buttons on the steering wheel.

So, everything is pretty much setup fine but I just have 2 things I can't work out and I'm hoping someone here can help me please.

First, I can use the speed limiter just fine but I cannot work out how to turn on the proactive function, to adjust the speed to the speed limit automatically based on the speed signs. I have it turned on in settings but don't know how to activate it.

The other silly thing is, can you turn off the warp like sound that plays whenever you use the steering wheel volume switches?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers Russ

Andyjsam

Post by Andyjsam »

The setting to turn on the proactive speed limiter function is in driving assistants (press the icon of the car and then smart assistants should be selected. Swipe to the right and select speed limiter. In there is a toggle switch for "reaction to speed limits" or similar.

You can indeed turn off the annoying noise using the steering wheel volume switches, I found the easiest way to do this was adjust the volume so that the volume slider appears on the infotainment, and then click the settings gear icon, and adjust the slider (can't remember exactly which one it was, possibly "other control sounds" down to 0
RG22

Post by RG22 »

Thanks for your reply Andyjsam. I've sorted the volume and I've tried turning those ACC options off and on again. After that should it just work when I next press set after scrolling to the speed limiter option?

Thanks Russ

20221007_071137.jpg

Andyjsam

Post by Andyjsam »

Hi Russ
No problem at all!
It will indeed work but instead of pressing set you should press "res". I'm not 100% sure about the speed limiter as I rarely use it but with the ACC, which I presume works the same way, "Set" would set the ACC/speed limiter to whatever your current speed is, "res" activates it at whatever speed it is set at, and the speed it is set at should change with the speed limits that have been detected, so you should rarely need to use set.
Just something to keep an eye on, it sometimes sets speeds a little wildly - for example it spotting a speed limit sign on a slip road and slamming the brakes on to try and achieve the lower speed of the slip road despite you staying on the main carriageway.
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

Andyjsam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:31 pm You can indeed turn off the annoying noise using the steering wheel volume switches, I found the easiest way to do this was adjust the volume so that the volume slider appears on the infotainment, and then click the settings gear icon, and adjust the slider (can't remember exactly which one it was, possibly "other control sounds" down to 0
I believe there is also a toggle somewhere in the settings to turn those sounds off specifically
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

If you go into the menu, there’s a Sound option, Then the setting is called something like ‘other control sounds’ just switch it off.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
RG22

Post by RG22 »

That's sorted it thanks!

I do have another problem though.
I have a 3.5kwh wall charger that I was hoping to use but it's behaving quite strangely. Everything reports as charging but very slowly at 6KM/H and showing 23hrs and 40 minutes to go from 66 to 100%. Also the charger port light shows green then flashes green, then goes red, before going back to green. Any clues please?
RG22

Post by RG22 »

Forget that. Just had a power cut in the whole street, which obviously has reset the charger and now the light is flashing green as expected and the app is showing 11 km/h which seems a strange thing to measure charge in but at least it is working!
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

RG22 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:14 pm the app is showing 11 km/h which seems a strange thing to measure charge in but at least it is working!
No, it's measured in Kw/h (Kilowatts per hour) and not in Km/h which would be Kilometers per hour and definitely would be strange!
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

alanjs wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:23 pm
RG22 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:14 pm the app is showing 11 km/h which seems a strange thing to measure charge in but at least it is working!
No, it's measured in Kw/h (Kilowatts per hour) and not in Km/h which would be Kilometers per hour and definitely would be strange!
The charge does show either in km/hr or M/hour.
That rate us typically taken from the car say covering 4 miles/kW.
It makes it an easy unit to relate to when looking at your charging rate.
7kW charger around 30mph
11kW around 45mph.
So for every hour on a 7 kW charger you put around 30 miles back in the range.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE