disabling lane assist

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
willcrook

Post by willcrook »

does anyone know how to disable this in a way that it won't reactive every single time I get in or out

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

You need OBD11. If you're local to North Tyneside, I could help you with that.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Is it really that annoying? I hardly notice it on mine.
Occasionally I get a yellow lane line on the HUD if I change lane without indicating. If I indicate it seems to to ignore the the wandering.
More annoying, even frightening, is when my car decides to emergency stop because a pedestrian is moving their arms in a way the car sees as a hazard. Its like hitting a brick wall.
Wish it was a bit less sensitive.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Daveion wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:18 pm Is it really that annoying? I hardly notice it on mine.
Occasionally I get a yellow lane line on the HUD if I change lane without indicating. If I indicate it seems to to ignore the the wandering.
More annoying, even frightening, is when my car decides to emergency stop because a pedestrian is moving their arms in a way the car sees as a hazard. Its like hitting a brick wall.
Wish it was a bit less sensitive.
Mine isn't annoying since I turned it off. I frequently drive past some long 40mph roads where lots of people park on the edge. I would get pulled in daily to the very cars I was looking to avoid when it was on.

Dave Norman

Post by Dave Norman »

willcrook wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 am does anyone know how to disable this in a way that it won't reactive every single time I get in or out
Did you find out how to disable the lane assist so it does not keep coming back on every time to start?
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

I think I’ve work out why I hate cyclist exterminator so much!

Even if I unnecessarily indicate to stop it trying to kill people or yank me back into lane when I’d not normally need to indicate (like changing lane on the motorway when there is nobody to warn), the road markings are so poorly maintained in Gloucestershire that it often yanks me around for no reason whatsoever as it gets confused.

That’s probably why some people don’t think it’s that bad and other think it’s terrible. If you live somewhere with well maintained roads it’s probably nowhere near as annoying as somewhere they aren’t.

I’d find it a bit annoying anyway but I really don’t like the feeling of an invisible passenger yanking the steering for no reason every minute or so!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Dave Norman wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:51 am
willcrook wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 am does anyone know how to disable this in a way that it won't reactive every single time I get in or out
Did you find out how to disable the lane assist so it does not keep coming back on every time to start?
If you read the other posts in the thread, you would know that ODB11 or VCDS is needed.

daniel.ke040

Post by daniel.ke040 »

Can this disable lka on an mg4?
daniel.ke040

Post by daniel.ke040 »

Would this disable lane assist on a mg4?
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

daniel.ke040 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:45 am Would this disable lane assist on a mg4?
You realize this is for Cupra Born discussion right?! You need to find an MG forum a little like this one and ask the question there. The OBD11 is simply a diagnostic programming tool that is focused on VW group vehicles plus BMW. It possibly could reprogram a China manufacturer car but early days of them being available. The simple answer is NO, it will not disable lane assist on an MG 4, but perhaps in future they might support that model and find a way.