New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Hi All
I have just registered & I'm looking forward to be a member of this forum
I'm receiving my V3 Born in a few days.
It's optional extras are:
Aurora blue, Beats audio & Glass roof.

Unfortunately I will not be able to drive for a while as I've had my right shoulder replaced..

While I'm trying recover so I'm able to drive, is there anything I the members recommend I should do?
I have already downloaded the app, not sure if theres any options that are essential to select or to make a easy transition to being the first owner, but can't think of anything else I can do.
Will there be any perks for being a new Born owner regarding charging etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice
V3, Aurora Blue, Beats Audio, Glass Roof

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Hi Rerb,

Welcome and great colour choice! I’ve got the blue to and get plenty of compliments on it.

Hope your shoulder is on the mend soon so you can enjoy your new car. I’m very happy with my V1.

Can’t really think of any tips. You might find you have trouble getting the app paired with you car at first but it will sort itself out. Mine worked straight away but I’ve seen others here struggle a bit.

If you can’t drive it for a while I’d sit in it and play around with the infotainment a bit. It’s good once you get the hang of it but definitely better to explore before driving. Don’t think there are any Charing perks, VW do but not Seat for some reason.

Enjoy!
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Thanks for the reply buddy.
Did your car come with floor mats Did you purchase a boot liner to protect interior when I can start loading boot!
Have received log book through post just waiting for the actual delivery.
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

Hey Rerb,

Welcome to the forums, great choice on colour and options!
I would say most of your questions can be answered by just doing a search in the forums.

I agree some people have issues connecting to the app and for various reasons. So just check the My Cupra app posting which has allot of great information.
I was told all new borns come with floor mats in front and rear. I know mine did, but I have actually just ordered some rubber mats for winter as I know things will get dirtier the colder it gets. Again there are a few topics on mats and options.
I have purchased a rubber boot liner from Amazon which you can view the link below. There are a few options online and it is just down to personal preference.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B ... UTF8&psc=1

Log book through the post? I was told by my dealer it is all online and no log book is provided. mmmm.... I'll need to give them a call and have a chat.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Hi Rerb
Hope your shoulder is better soon.
Had my Born since June after 18 months with an ID3. So many tips but best one is relax and enjoy the exceptional drive. Such a great car.
Dave
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

pandamoanium wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:04 pm
Log book through the post? I was told by my dealer it is all online and no log book is provided. mmmm.... I'll need to give them a call and have a chat.
I suspect he's referring to the V5C Keeper's Registration document issued by the DVLA.
As a real "oldie" I remember people calling these the "Log Books" back in the Good Old Days!
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Rerb wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:14 am Thanks for the reply buddy.
Did your car come with floor mats Did you purchase a boot liner to protect interior when I can start loading boot!
Have received log book through post just waiting for the actual delivery.
Yep mine came with floor mats. As mentioned above by someone else I think they all do. They are nice ones too. Mine didn’t come with a boot liner though.
benjie

Post by benjie »

Welcome to the forum... I am a new member too. I picked mine up on Saturday and I bloody love it, it's brilliant(!) Heads up display is amazing and the eco driving thing is like witchcraft (it knows you are coming up to a roundabout and tells you to lift off, then it applies regenerative braking as you get closer)
The interior is just a lovely place to be.

I spent a good hour faffing with the infotainment and getting everything how I want it. I couldn't get the app going at the dealership, but after I took it home and had lunch, it worked first time.
I have the rubber mats; I find that when you get the fabric ones wet in the autumn/winter, they just stay went for months. I was lucky that the dealer threw them in for me.

I hope your shoulder mends soon so you can get out and start enjoying the car!
58kWh V2 e-Boost in the cheap colour!
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Thanks for all the responses.
So I know I'm pressing touchscreen tomorrow & ordering a load liner.
Will drop a quick message if car arrives etc.
Cheers