Fitcamx

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I’m having a problem with recordings missing files, fitcamx have been great and replaced the whole front and rear cameras but I’m still having the same problem after about half hour into journey it starts missing files.
Tried new software, new cameras and new memory cards but still no joy.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey

pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

WOW! How did you notice this? I never really check my recordings and just leave it be. I had hoped to only be using it in the case of an accident.
I will have to review the footage now after my next journey. I will let you know once I have an update.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Betty b wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:51 pm I’m having a problem with recordings missing files, fitcamx have been great and replaced the whole front and rear cameras but I’m still having the same problem after about half hour into journey it starts missing files.
Tried new software, new cameras and new memory cards but still no joy.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this?
Haven't got a fitcamX,but my Thinkware F770 set up is extremely fussy with memory cards (seems to prefer slower ones) and requests a reformat of the card once a week. If the FitcamX doesn't request reformatting the card, I'd suggest you do it at least once a month anyway.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I’ve ordered a higher quality card so fingers crossed, one other thing I noticed the front camera gets very hot too.
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

So I finally got around to checking the videos and my 1.5 hour trip yesterday recorded just fine. I was able to view the files on my PC. Only issue I found is my settings were set to 1 minute videos and no sound. There were allot of files to go through. :-) I have now updated settings to 3 minute videos and added sound. I will confirm once these settings have been used. But for now it seems to be working as required and with the supplied memory card.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

That’s fantastic, mine is still not working as it should, one other thing does your camera get very hot.
I’ve just got a better quality memory card so fingers crossed this works.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Quick update on the Fitcamx, I got a better quality SD card, done a 500 mile trip to Scotland and so far it’s working perfectly 🤞
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

Betty b wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:06 pm Quick update on the Fitcamx, I got a better quality SD card, done a 500 mile trip to Scotland and so far it’s working perfectly 🤞
That is great news. I may just do the same to make sure I have no issues in the future.

On a side note, I noticed in the settings a parking mode or option. Does anybody know how this works? I tried to find a manual for an explanation, but did not have any luck. I'll keep looking.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Not sure about the parking mode, I’ll have a look next time I'm in there.
This is the card I replaced the fitcamx one with

6479AFAE-B923-44F5-B8DA-476963BA1F0F.jpeg