My Thoughts on 1000 Miles In my Cupra Born

All CUPRA Born related discussions
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

Hi All,

My car clocked over 1000 miles today, so I thought I would write a few observations of ownership so far.

So, in no particular order..

1) Car is a lovely drive, so smooth and very easy to drive.
2) Car looks good from all angles, many have commented that it is a good looking car.
3) Car is really comfortable, with plenty of room for back seat passengers.
4) The performance is simply stunning from a standing start, not a lot can keep up to about 60 MPH.
5) V2 spec seats are very comfortable, for someone with a dodgy back I find them very supportive.
6) V2 spec with Tech Pack L has everything I wanted, I think for me it was the 'Sweet Spot' of price against options.
7) I find the HUD superb, really useful, especially when using SatNav.
8) The 'My Cupra' app is totally useless, often reports something has gone wrong, or the wrong estimated mileage, both known issues.
9) The infotainment has not been much of an issue, other than continually asking me to connect, and download new settings, although at times can be slow.
10) The variable height floor was a worthwhile DIY fit, nice to have somewhere to store cables and other stuff without clogging boot.
11) The Fitcam X dashcam was another worthwhile DIY fit, so easy, works really well and looks factory.
12) Steering wheel touch controls drive me mad, swiping the volume control always results in either going too far or not far enough.
13) The lack of rear speakers hasn't really bothered me, as the standard sound is adequate, very similar to my previous VW's.
14) Love the 'B' mode, really great when you get used to it, a single pedal experience is quite easy to master and relaxing when you get it right
15) The lane assist works well, is far less aggressive than my previous VW, and love the way the HUD displays white lines and verges.
16) The ACC works also works better than my previous VW, although has got confused by speed limit signs and slowed down when didn't need too.
17) Concerned about tyres, as already had a puncture and a new tyre (£170) and reading they are thin to save weight, so wondering if prone to punctures !!
18) Charging experience has been fine, mainly charge on Octopus Go at home one or two times a week, although have used Instavolt public chargers twice.
19) The range is not too bad, been charging to 80% and getting just under 200 miles, averaging around 4 miles per KW.
20) The Wireless phone charger is hopeless, simply doesn't work with my Samsung, car reports that charging started but stops after about 10 minutes.

On the whole, very pleased with the car so far, just have to see what winter brings.

Really glad I jumped from an ID3 order to a stock Cupra, as much better looking with a nicer interior than the ID3.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver

MLB_Born

Post by MLB_Born »

I've got the same spec and I'm 1400 miles in. I think I agree with all of your comments. On wireless phone charging, I have a Samsung galaxy s21 and I've found if it's up side down (camera lenses at the bottom but phone still facing up) it then charges if perfectly centred. Anything else forget it (so pretty useless!).
MLB_Born

Post by MLB_Born »

I also jumped from an ID3 order and I'm glad I did 😁
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Totally agree with all your comments, I’m at 2400 miles.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

SilverCupra wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:09 pm 10) The variable height floor was a worthwhile DIY fit, nice to have somewhere to store cables and other stuff without clogging boot.
Please share where you got this, I've had a bit of a look around but they aren't common? I guess I could ask the dealer but they aren't usually well known for good value on these kinds of things.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Born2Ride wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:27 am
SilverCupra wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:09 pm 10) The variable height floor was a worthwhile DIY fit, nice to have somewhere to store cables and other stuff without clogging boot.
Please share where you got this, I've had a bit of a look around but they aren't common? I guess I could ask the dealer but they aren't usually well known for good value on these kinds of things.
Its easier to find it if you look for teh ID3 kit (which is exactly the same). On our 2 x ID3s, the wife's Family spec one had it, my Life one didn't. Can't say I missed it personally, but I valued the boot depth I would've lost, for the sake of out big Labrador that rides in the boot.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

I got the variable height boot floor from SEAT Parts Direct,who are actually a SEAT dealer in Swindon.

It was abut £170 delivered, and was really simple to fit, just 4 holes through carpet and 4 bolts..
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver