New car, what network cards/apps

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Michaelyzf1

Post by Michaelyzf1 »

Hello everyone

Our new car has arrived in Darlington, delivery next week, can't wait.

So what charge cards or apps are users happy with??

Regards Michael
V2 / 58kw e-B / T-pack L / Raleigh Red

michbright

Post by michbright »

Good morning! Congrats on your imminent car ownership.

I downloaded Zap Map and then from there found the closest chargers to me and downloaded the apps for those. I also downloaded Bonnet as it's one that can be use for different chargers and charges a slightly higher rate for the convenience of only using one app. I also ordered RFID tags where relevant, ready for when we got the car.
Cupra Born | V1 | Aurora Blue
DarrylW

Post by DarrylW »

It's a shame that Cupra don't offer a charging card/service in the UK as they seem to in Europe. I'm currently driving an A250e (awaiting delivery of my Born) and I have the Mercedes Me charge card which makes public charging nice & easy. Although hopefully we'll see more public chargers support contactless payment in the near future anyway.
Order Date: 30/05/2022
Est Delivery: November/December 2022

Cupra Born V3 58 kWh E-Boost | Vapor Grey | 20" Blizzard Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Tech-M | Beats Audio | Cargo Pack
JGriff

Post by JGriff »

Slightly off topic I fast charged today at the Shell station, Fraddon, on the A30 in Cornwall. The charger is apparently capable of 175kW, my car was down to 20% charge, and despite this my maximum charge rate was 107kW. On the positive side the car went from 20% to 71% in 26 minutes. The cost was 65p per unit. I'll top up tonight at home (Octopus Go) @ 7.8p per unit between 00:30 and 04:30am. I also have the Octopus Juice app and card, which is aligned to a large number of providers.

20220914_153907[1].jpg

Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

I also use the Bonnet app. Covers a number of networks and is very easy to use. Charges a set rate depending on whether you use pay as you go or a pre paid monthly package; ie. Pay as you go is 0.50 per kWh vs the normal rate of 0.69 per kWh at Ionity. chargers. Works well across the fast charger network. Use the code RWKBJJ at sign up for £15 credit; worth having!
Liamy321

Post by Liamy321 »

Another Bonnet person here. Definitely recommend using somebody's (or mine below) code for the free £15! It can either be £15 off one of the larger refills, or a free 20Kw! Just remember to cancel the refill subscription.
Get £50 account credit when you switch to Octopus energy using this link! https://share.octopus.energy/dawn-puma-140

Get £15 account credit in the Bonnet app with my code R347RK!

Cupra Born V2 58Kwh 204 PS | Aroura Blue | Skyline Pack | Tech (M) Pack
Blade

Post by Blade »

Ive got a Mach-E currently (Born is on the way). I second Zap Map and also Octopus Electroverse. I dont use Zap Pay or Bonnet, seem to pay a premium over going direct.
Instavolt is the most reliable have come across when planning a route but you pay for it.
I avoid charging on the motorway too.

Fordpass has cheap rates with BP, Shell and Ionity and its plug and play with the Mach-E. Shame Cupra don't do something like that.

Lets be honest though with KWH charges as they are at the moment, i would only use public chargers where I have to and rely on Octopus Go at 7.5p overnight.
Cupra Born V3 77 on the way
Tech-l DCC Heat Pump Beats
Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

Blade wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:52 am I dont use Zap Pay or Bonnet, seem to pay a premium over going direct.
Cant comment on Zap Pay but using Bonnet at the Cullompton Ionity (350kw chargers), where we normally stop when going ‘up country’, costs 45p/kWh (or less depending on which package you are on) versus 69p/kWh going direct; a significant saving, albeit not cheap compared to charging at home. But it is a set charge with Bonnet so it is possible some chargers (probably slower, away from motorways etc.) may be cheaper going direct.
steve green

Post by steve green »

I applied for a free Octopus Electric Universe card and app.
I leave it in the car just in case and although I've not used it yet the concept of using the same card at Shell and many others appeals.
New V1 Owner from July 2022