Sound system

All CUPRA Born related discussions
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Had a test drive of a standard sound system Born and was pleasently suprised with how loud it was - the lady who was doing my order suggested that honestly, there was hardly any difference between the Beats upgrade and the standard.

JBorn

Post by JBorn »

RedPanda wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:34 pm Had a test drive of a standard sound system Born and was pleasently suprised with how loud it was - the lady who was doing my order suggested that honestly, there was hardly any difference between the Beats upgrade and the standard.
The 5 speaker system my 72 reg Born has dies with any amount of bass... cutting volume to around 1/2 overall to provide the extra power for bass. And the bass that you do hear is barely audible.

You may be alright if you buy a newer Born with 7 speakers but if you buy second hand, I would definitely look for one with Beats as for me the sounds system was a big step down from my old, £20k new car. Pretty rubbish on a £45k car if you ask me 😐

It's barely loud enough on full volume, and on full volume the audio is not well balanced, it is actually louder at 3/4 volume than at full volume due to the pathetic factory stock amplifier. My old car would hurt my ears at half volume, It's a shame as I can live with a rubbish infotainment, but I will probably be paying to upgrade the stock audio.
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

I have the beats sound system and the Sub was bad enough that I built my own replacement and plugged it into the existing amp.
Basically the plastic enclosure is the downfall.
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg
JurassicBorn

Post by JurassicBorn »

RedPanda wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:34 pm Had a test drive of a standard sound system Born and was pleasently suprised with how loud it was - the lady who was doing my order suggested that honestly, there was hardly any difference between the Beats upgrade and the standard.
MY 24 cars have rear speakers which makes a big difference. Quality is not bad.
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh
2023 Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
cloudfury2

Post by cloudfury2 »

Hi all,
We have V2, 23 plate. I believe it’s 7 speakers. Non Beats. Like others I’m no audiophile but listening to tunes in a car is one of the main aspects of driving for me and my family. The sound lacks any warmth in my opinion, and you cannot remedy this by simply upping the bass, that introduces fuzz.
Sitting in front you get an ok experience, but back its sounds unbalanced / blocked.
So does anyone know where the 7 speakers are located? Are they all in front cabin?
Sat in back I was certain I could hear from the lower door grills but nothing from the upper.

Overall it’s just ok, but feel it should’ve been better for a near £40k car!
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

cloudfury2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:35 am Hi all,
We have V2, 23 plate. I believe it’s 7 speakers. Non Beats. Like others I’m no audiophile but listening to tunes in a car is one of the main aspects of driving for me and my family. The sound lacks any warmth in my opinion, and you cannot remedy this by simply upping the bass, that introduces fuzz.
Sitting in front you get an ok experience, but back its sounds unbalanced / blocked.
So does anyone know where the 7 speakers are located? Are they all in front cabin?
Sat in back I was certain I could hear from the lower door grills but nothing from the upper.

I think the 23MY is only a 5 speaker? So might not even have the rear speakers
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

tuppaware wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:44 am I have the beats sound system and the Sub was bad enough that I built my own replacement and plugged it into the existing amp.
What did you opt for? Did you go stereo or mono? Any pics would be most welcome!

I've seen replacements that look like this:
https://www.ars24.com/subwoofer/option/ ... d.3-passiv
CasioDan91

Post by CasioDan91 »

So my friend told me that i can get the code online and i found these sites this one https://www.radiocodegenerator.com/ and this https://carradiounlock.com/ that seemed legit, i got my code with no issues on the first one. In case you have a similar issue you know now how to solve it
JurassicBorn

Post by JurassicBorn »

tuppaware wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:04 pm
cloudfury2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:35 am Hi all,

I think the 23MY is only a 5 speaker? So might not even have the rear speakers
7 speakers only came in on MY24 cars.
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh
2023 Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

Elea4 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:55 am
tuppaware wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:44 am I have the beats sound system and the Sub was bad enough that I built my own replacement and plugged it into the existing amp.
What did you opt for? Did you go stereo or mono? Any pics would be most welcome!

I've seen replacements that look like this:
https://www.ars24.com/subwoofer/option/ ... d.3-passiv
I did look at after market replacements, but getting anything in Australia is painful considering there is only like 800x Borns in the country.
I decided to leave the sub in place for when I sell it in a few years, I found the plug on aliexpress and bought a Kicker 6.7" sub speaker 2x2ohm. The original speaker is a 5" 2x2ohm 50watt sub, although the replacement is 150watt the existing amp seems to handle it fine at a lower power setting.

The enclosure is bigger than I wanted but I don't mind the space it takes up, I made it downwards firing as it seems to sound better.

What I did notice is the cutoff for the Beats system is quite a low frequency, around 100hz so you only really notice the sub on low bass music, EDM etc.

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg