3 days in an infotainment system frozen

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
michbright

Post by michbright »

So... we picked up the Born on Saturday and all has been fine up until now. Today, my husband got in the car after I used it for the school run this morning and the infotainment screen is stuck. There's a banner at the top that says 'The sound settings will be made available again soon' and he can't do anything else. I phoned the dealership, which is 25 miles from us, and they can't look at it until 15 September and if it needs to be booked in for further investigation, it will have to be 26 September!

Any advice on how to reset it without taking it to the dealership?
Cupra Born | V1 | Aurora Blue

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Press and hold the power button until it resets - I think about a 20 second press will do it.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
michbright

Post by michbright »

Apparently he tried that, and it didn't work. I'll try it when he's home in about 30 minutes.

I must say I'm super annoyed with the service department at the dealership. I needed to speak to my husband about the dates they offered, so I said I would phone back and she started getting stroppy with me... the car is 3 days old, it develops a fault and apparently I need to understand how busy they are... I really did have to end the call before I gave her a few choice words about understanding.
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Mine used to do the same thing and also reboots while in movement.

Disable "Automatic selection of station logos" function in the radio settings.

It worked for me but I have an OLD software version...
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh
michbright

Post by michbright »

Born_in_PT wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:37 pm Mine used to do the same thing and also reboots while in movement.

Disable "Automatic selection of station logos" function in the radio settings.

It worked for me but I have an OLD software version...
Thanks. The problem is it's blocking everything as it's stuck with the 'confirm user' screen in the background.
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

michbright wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:47 pm Thanks. The problem is it's blocking everything as it's stuck with the 'confirm user' screen in the background.
Oh, ok.
Mine doesn´t do that user thing. "Advantages" of having an OLD software :)
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh
michbright

Post by michbright »

Born_in_PT wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:10 pm
michbright wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:47 pm Thanks. The problem is it's blocking everything as it's stuck with the 'confirm user' screen in the background.
Oh, ok.
Mine doesn´t do that user thing. "Advantages" of having an OLD software :)
So... I phoned Seat Assist and they said to reboot and if that doesn't help, leave it parked up, not charging for at least an hour to let everything reset.

I did another reboot and then managed to select user, but the banner is still preventing the menu items to be selected, so settings can't be changed, etc. At the moment it's a case of wait and see...
michbright

Post by michbright »

Oh and I tried calling the dealership again, but apparently they now only have availability from the 20th to just look at the car!
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

Really sorry to hear about the issues with your car. I really hope it gets sorted and you find a fix.
Is there no way to hard reset the car and not just the infotainment system? Could that maybe help?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White
michbright

Post by michbright »

pandamoanium wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:38 pm Really sorry to hear about the issues with your car. I really hope it gets sorted and you find a fix.
Is there no way to hard reset the car and not just the infotainment system? Could that maybe help?
Apparently leaving it for an hour locked up and not being used should reset the system, but failing that it will have to go to the dealership. Seat Assist have said they will escalate it with the dealership directly if it doesn't reset.

It's really poor that they won't even look at the car for 2 weeks... that's the thing that is most annoying. I can understand software glitches, I can understand if they might be busy, but to fob me off when the car is 3 days old is just in another league! The comment that was made to me was laughable if I wasn't so annoyed... 'I can see the car is less than 3 years old, so it will be covered by Seat Assist'. Try 3 days...