3 days in an infotainment system frozen

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

Great news! I'm glad by using this forum the issue was found and a fix was suggested.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White

michbright

Post by michbright »

pandamoanium wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:53 am Great news! I'm glad by using this forum the issue was found and a fix was suggested.
Absolutely. Also, when I took it to the garage to get the tyre fixed today, I mentioned the infotainment freezing and the first thing they said was, 'Do you use Apple CarPlay?'. So now we'll just make sure it disconnects fully before getting out of the car. Not unique to Cupras, just a computer issue.
Cupra Born | V1 | Aurora Blue
dav0001

Post by dav0001 »

I have exactly the same issue I have contacted Cupra support but they told me they had not seen this issue before. I am stuck with the message up as well and no access to anything else

20230120_075559.jpg

dav0001

Post by dav0001 »

I think my issue started with Wireless Android Auto
dav0001

Post by dav0001 »

This fix did not work for me but i found that if i pressed the button with the 3 orange lines and at the same time pressed the top right had corner (button with 3 white lines) I manged to get into the mesages and i tried clicking on delete all messages even though there were none when i went back out the sound system message had disappeared and I had full control again. I think just being able to press the button on the top right cleared the Sound setting message. I have turned off my Wireless Android Auto so hopefully this does not happen again.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Has this problem yet gone overnight to the following morning? Its very frustrating just 3 days in but sometimes these things resolve by themselves after a good nights sleep. The car of course, not you!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

I've had this when not accepting the user profile nag and something else opening over it. I find holding the power button below left of screen to go back to the clock screen, then pressing again to turn back on brings profile nag to front. Accept that and back to normal. May help?