Hi from Shropshire

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
dirtydroundcrew

Post by dirtydroundcrew »

Hey there! I'd been looking at EV's since fuel prices went ballistic as it was costing me a fortune to run an Audi RSQ3. I was at a loose end last week so popped in to Cupra at Birmingham just to ask about waiting times for new cars. I was surprised that they had four Borns ready to go so I grabbed a metallic V2 which had been fitted with the sunroof, heat pump, Beats Audio, and Tech M Pack. I picked it up a week ago which was just five days after my initial visit. Well chuffed with it so far..... apart from the well documented issues with 'New Settings' messages, and turning off Lane Assist every time I get in the car. Anyone had/got any other niggles with their car that I should look out for?

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Our 2 Borns periodically forget the dipping passenger side mirror when you select "L" and put the car into reverse to parallel park.. You can code the lane assist to not switch on with every ignition cycle - if you have VCDS or OBD11.

So you changed to an EV because petrol prices went ballistic? Electricity prices look just as crazy right now, unless you got sorted with an off peak charging tariff like Octopus Go.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My only remaining niggle which was a niggle in common with my previous ID3 is the screen freezing. It's a pain if you wanted to use the satnav or it's toasting hot and you cant access the AC.
The fix that always works is to press and hold the power button on the left of the screen until it powers down and resets. Mine 100% resets ok but its still a nuisance.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
dirtydroundcrew

Post by dirtydroundcrew »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:02 am Our 2 Borns periodically forget the dipping passenger side mirror when you select "L" and put the car into reverse to parallel park.. You can code the lane assist to not switch on with every ignition cycle - if you have VCDS or OBD11.

So you changed to an EV because petrol prices went ballistic? Electricity prices look just as crazy right now, unless you got sorted with an off peak charging tariff like Octopus Go.
I am on Octopus right now but not their EV tariff. I have a fixed tariff for another year which is just 18p KW/h...and then the pain will start! Not charged the vehicle up at home yet as we have a Tesco down the road with a free 22KWH charger.... I'm a regular visitor 8-)
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Daveion wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:53 am My only remaining niggle which was a niggle in common with my previous ID3 is the screen freezing. It's a pain if you wanted to use the satnav or it's toasting hot and you cant access the AC.
The fix that always works is to press and hold the power button on the left of the screen until it powers down and resets. Mine 100% resets ok but its still a nuisance.

Never had that before until today, after reading your post about it. Clearly my car has some sort of connection with you since you sat in it before I did! :lol:
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:22 pm
Daveion wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:53 am My only remaining niggle which was a niggle in common with my previous ID3 is the screen freezing. It's a pain if you wanted to use the satnav or it's toasting hot and you cant access the AC.

Never had that before until today, after reading your post about it. Clearly my car has some sort of connection with you since you sat in it before I did! :lol:
Stephen King storyline! And I pressed the boost button 😂
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE