Hello everyone (Michael from Durham)

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Michaelyzf1

Post by Michaelyzf1 »

Hello everyone.

I am Michael from Durham.
New to Ev world.
Have ordered v2 58 e boost in red with tech pack L yesterday for delivery in Sept sometime, its on the boat now.
Have been considering hybrid / ev for a few months now, mind was made up soon as I test drove on Tuesday this week.

Went to pulman sunderland for test drive, made me a proposal, not overly impressed. Limited choice, nothing in supply chain.
Went to Bristol St Darlington, made me a significantly better proposal, impressed and reserved car. 3 to choose from for Sept delivery.

Need a charger and a energy supplier now.

Regards Michael
V2 / 58kw e-B / T-pack L / Raleigh Red

Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

Hi mate, welcome. Sunderland are useless i had same issue. I live in wallsend and I actually ended up purchasing from Twickenham (long story). You may struggle for an energy supplier many have suspended their EV tariffs… but i may be wrong.

Home charger wise i bought a “project EV” charger and can’t fault it, scheduled charges works a treat and you have to use the app to activate (so not anyone can just hook up etc).
Cupra Born | V1 | Tech L Pack | Greyser Silver | Newcastle (North East|
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Sounds like a similar story to me, Sunderland were 'okay', for information, but didn't seem interested. They didn't have any cars available, I left them with the details of what I wanted in June, and I haven't heard from them since!

Went down to Bristol Street in Darlington and they were spot on. Good deal, excellent communication, and found me a car that I could have within a couple of weeks.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Also went to Sunderland Pulman, had test drives, nothing seemingly coming through the pipeline, so nabbed a V2 e-Boost from Twickenham (they were great).

Got the wife a stock grab V2 e-boost too, from SMC Woking and they were dire in dealing with a few post delivery issues noticed that should have been resolved at PDI.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome Michael
Hope you get the car you want.
Lots of knowledge available and shared from members here.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

I have an id3 on order but decided yesterday to order a Born V2, Glacier White, e boost, tech pack L. I ordered from Citygate Slough. They reckon I should get it on 7 Oct 22. I got £1k off list. Not sure how certain I can be if collection date as it is still a way off (5 weeks).
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Cliffjp wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:17 pm I have an id3 on order but decided yesterday to order a Born V2, Glacier White, e boost, tech pack L. I ordered from Citygate Slough. They reckon I should get it on 7 Oct 22. I got £1k off list. Not sure how certain I can be if collection date as it is still a way off (5 weeks).
That is the exact spec of my Born (I still haven't tried the self parking yet) - you did well to get money off in the current climate, got mine from Citygate Twickenham.

Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

Monkeyhanger, does the car have an aerial view of the car (so you can see it’s position in relation to its surroundings?
Michaelyzf1

Post by Michaelyzf1 »

Cliffjp wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:17 pm I have an id3 on order but decided yesterday to order a Born V2, Glacier White, e boost, tech pack L. I ordered from Citygate Slough. They reckon I should get it on 7 Oct 22. I got £1k off list. Not sure how certain I can be if collection date as it is still a way off (5 weeks).
No discounting on list prices at pulman sunderland or Bristol Street darlington.
I was lucky, traded a Nissan juke and think they wanted it, got a very good price at BS Darlington, £1,5k more than pulman......Happy dayz
V2 / 58kw e-B / T-pack L / Raleigh Red
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Cliffjp wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:32 pm Monkeyhanger, does the car have an aerial view of the car (so you can see it’s position in relation to its surroundings?
The feedback of the parking sensors, front, back and sides has a birds eye view graphical representation, as well as the rear camera output. I rarely look at the display, I find the audible feedback fine on its own to be fine, and I could easily live without the camera itself and just rely upon the graphical representation.