Hi from Hull, soon to get my Born

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Hi. After trying to get hold of a VW ID3 with any sort of realistic build time since the start of the year I found a lease available for a Cupra Born V2 Vapour Grey 2 weeks ago which was due for build in the following 2 weeks. I got word today that it's awaiting a ship now, so at long last I will be behind the wheel of an EV.

I didn't originally envisage going for the Born, as I'm usually one for "sensible" cars. I like comfort over speed, but having seen many reviews and sitting in one at my local dealership I had to snap it up. Some reviews complain it's not 'hot hatchy' enough and is too similar drive to the ID3, which is probably a good thing for someone like me :lol:

Estimated delivery end of September so I will post pics when I get it
Born V2 Vapour Grey

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

alex1337 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:36 pm Hi. After trying to get hold of a VW ID3 with any sort of realistic build time since the start of the year I found a lease available for a Cupra Born V2 Vapour Grey 2 weeks ago which was due for build in the following 2 weeks. I got word today that it's awaiting a ship now, so at long last I will be behind the wheel of an EV.

I didn't originally envisage going for the Born, as I'm usually one for "sensible" cars. I like comfort over speed, but having seen many reviews and sitting in one at my local dealership I had to snap it up. Some reviews complain it's not 'hot hatchy' enough and is too similar drive to the ID3, which is probably a good thing for someone like me :lol:

Estimated delivery end of September so I will post pics when I get it
Having had an ID3 and now the Born my preference by a clear margin is the Born.
Neither car is a slouch with a 0-60 of just over 7 seconds but the Born feels just a bit sharper on the road, the exterior and wheels in my view are more pleasing on the eye and the cabin a much nicer place to be. The HUD on the V2 is excellent.
Still sensible but fills the ID3 gaps perfectly.
You will not regret it I'm sure.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

Hi Alex,
I am also from Hull and have had my V2 since June. You certainly won't be disappointed.
Look forward to seeing you drive around as I am yet to see another one in Hull
V2 BORN 58 Vapor Grey
Ordered 22/3/22
Delivered/ picked up 9/6/22
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

Welcome!
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Thanks all, can't wait! I just need to shift my Diesel Golf now before it arrives.

If I spot another grey one Kaygee I'll be sure to give a wave!
Born V2 Vapour Grey
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Today is the day, waiting for my Born to arrive on transporter 😍 I will post pictures
Born V2 Vapour Grey
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

It is here and it's glorious. So smooth!

20220921_125448.jpg

Born V2 Vapour Grey
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Nice 👌 great colour too 🤣🤣🤣
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey