Adaptive Cruise Control

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Picked up my Vapor Grey V2 Born on Saturday and am absolutely loving it so far! Did have the normal issue of connecting to CUPRA ID when having the handover but got home, applied the update and all works perfectly since.

Quick question though on the ACC. When driving on the motorway, I’m finding that if I’ve set the speed at say 70mph and then there’s someone in the lane either side of me going slower that what I have set it at, the car starts to slow down. Not sure why this is happening as I thought it would only do so for cars directly ahead or those merging into the same lane as me? It’s as if the camera radius is super wide for checking the cars ahead.

Probably just a lack of understanding on my part but any advice would be appreciated!

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I think it's just to prevent undertaking which does come with more risk. If I'm on a motorway with busy traffic I can pass cars on my inside but in most cases it will only let me move pass cars on my outside if we are all moving slowly. I can't say at what speed it changes but driving back from Southapton yesterday on the M3 and M25 it happened a lot between 30 and 70 mph.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Daveion wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:31 am I think it's just to prevent undertaking which does come with more risk. If I'm on a motorway with busy traffic I can pass cars on my inside but in most cases it will only let me move pass cars on my outside if we are all moving slowly. I can't say at what speed it changes but driving back from Southapton yesterday on the M3 and M25 it happened a lot between 30 and 70 mph.
Ah that does make sense - thanks for the reply! Fellow M3 and M25 driver so hope to see your Born out on the roads! :D
un_born

Post by un_born »

On my Tarraco you can program it out with ODB11. I should think the same can be done with the Born.