Hi from Suffolk

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Adi Pettitt

Post by Adi Pettitt »

Hi, thanks for letting me join the group. Collecting a V2 early September.
Lots of research needed!
Could anyone advise me which top five public charging networks I should register of set up accounts with please?
I’ve got Zappi, Solar and Octopus Go at home which should be ok for the most part but would like to prepare for longer trips.
Thanks for any recommendations.

michbright

Post by michbright »

Hi, I'm not sure about the public charging networks as I'm doing the same research, but just wanted to say hi from a fellow Suffolk person, also picking our car up early September...
Cupra Born | V1 | Aurora Blue
Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

I primarily use Bonnet EV. It covers lots of networks including Ionity and GeniePoint, and plenty of others. At Ionity it reduces the charge from £0.69 per kWh to £0.50 per kWh if you pay as you go through the app, or £0.45 or less if you go for a pre paid package. The £0.50 or less rate applies at all sites, and it is a really easy to set up and use the app to access chargers. Use the code RWKBJJ on sign up and both you and I will get a £15 referral credit.
We also have the Podpoint app but so far have only used that to access the free chargers at Tesco. Gridserve is the only other one that we regularly use that isn’t covered by Bonnet, but that is contactless payment so no app needed. Hope that helps, link to Bonnet below:

www.joinbonnet.com
Bonnet | EV Charging Made Easy
Bonnet is the easy way to charge your EV on the go. Access more than 6000 public chargers around the world. It's the must-have app for electric vehicle drivers everywhere.
Adi Pettitt

Post by Adi Pettitt »

Kernowboy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:45 pm I primarily use Bonnet EV. It covers lots of networks including Ionity and GeniePoint, and plenty of others. At Ionity it reduces the charge from £0.69 per kWh to £0.50 per kWh if you pay as you go through the app, or £0.45 or less if you go for a pre paid package. The £0.50 or less rate applies at all sites, and it is a really easy to set up and use the app to access chargers. Use the code RWKBJJ on sign up and both you and I will get a £15 referral credit.
We also have the Podpoint app but so far have only used that to access the free chargers at Tesco. Gridserve is the only other one that we regularly use that isn’t covered by Bonnet, but that is contactless payment so no app needed. Hope that helps, link to Bonnet below:

www.joinbonnet.com
Bonnet | EV Charging Made Easy
Bonnet is the easy way to charge your EV on the go. Access more than 6000 public chargers around the world. It's the must-have app for electric vehicle drivers everywhere.
Hi, that’s really helpful. Thank you. Just signed up with the code.
Adi Pettitt

Post by Adi Pettitt »

michbright wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:58 pm Hi, I'm not sure about the public charging networks as I'm doing the same research, but just wanted to say hi from a fellow Suffolk person, also picking our car up early September...
Hi fellow Suffolk person! Really looking forward to the Cupra Born experience.
michbright

Post by michbright »

Adi Pettitt wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:20 am
michbright wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:58 pm Hi, I'm not sure about the public charging networks as I'm doing the same research, but just wanted to say hi from a fellow Suffolk person, also picking our car up early September...
Hi fellow Suffolk person! Really looking forward to the Cupra Born experience.
Me too! Dealer is being super relaxed about it... meanwhile I'm wound up tight like a wind up car, ready to burst out of the starting blocks! Less than 2 weeks to go...
Cupra Born | V1 | Aurora Blue