Help with VIN#s on V2s

All CUPRA Born related discussions
un_born

Post by un_born »

Thanks Adi. When did you buy it?

pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

Just got our white V2 today. 18xxx vin.

We did not order it from the dealer to start, but we're lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. We waited 2 months from initial discussions. Sorry I do not know when it was originally ordered.
I how that helps.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White
un_born

Post by un_born »

Finally some progress. Spoke to the dealership manager and he agreed that after 3 months of status 30 something is not right. He offered to supply me a different vehicle but the price when I ordered is currently near £3000 more. This is the main reason I did not cancel and order again as I knew I would lose my early pre-order price. I said bottom line, you supply me the replacement and when my original car comes into stock (if it ever will) you can sell that at the current price, so ultimately your books balance.

So he is emailing me new paperwork with new order details for another V2 Geyser Silver this time with Tech-L. Of course I have to pay extra for the Tech-L.

All being well, this car has just turned Status 30 and 'should' be with me 2-4wks. Fingers crossed this time!
Adi Pettitt

Post by Adi Pettitt »

un_born wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:58 pm Thanks Adi. When did you buy it?
Cancelled order, bought last week. Collect it next week
un_born

Post by un_born »

Thanks to all that replied. In late August the supplying dealer agreed that my allocated car had gone off grid. He proposed that another car be allocated to me and a V2 Tech-L that had completed production was allocated to us.

Good news is this car is ready and my wife will be picking up tomorrow! Finally an end to the saga. Now let's see if Seat UK hold up their side of the deal as they previously said a goodwill gesture will be due upon receipt of vehicle to cover our inconvenience without a car and having to pay congestion charge for central London as a result.
un_born

Post by un_born »

Not good news. Went to collect the car and showing steering wheel error on dash. Dealer lent us a courtesy car to get home.....