Status 30 for 45days??!!!

All CUPRA Born related discussions
un_born

Post by un_born »

Hi owners and fellow Born enthusiasts!

I'm looking to gather some information regarding my yet to be delivered Born. We were one of the first to put down the £500 depo in Jan and ordered a V2 in Geyser Silver. The car according to the dealer has been Status 30 now for 45days!

As it is now 45 days since the car has left the factory, I'm wondering if the dealer has pulled a fast one and just fobbing me off, whilst they sold to the car to someone else. Doesn't help the salesman I dealt with has since left the dealership but luckily, he did give me a VIN# for my car (hopefully is correct) so when/if my car does arrive with a different VIN#, then my doubts have been proven.

what is the general time for status 30 to delivery handover?

KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

My car left the factory on May 18th and was available for collection on the 24th June, so 37 days. 45 seems a long time if you haven't had any updates on shipping or other transport. It took from May 18th to June 7th for mine to be placed on a ship over.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
un_born

Post by un_born »

I called Cupra Customer service and logged my grievance. They said they will email the manager at the dealership who 'should' call me within 24hrs. Cupra CS themselves cannot check the whereabouts of the car, even though I have the VIN#. In reality, didn't find out anymore than what I knew already and wasted 15mins of my time.
un_born

Post by un_born »

Well, just to throw a spanner in the works. My friend just picked up his V2 today after ordering only 4 weeks. It was dealer stock car at the time of ordering and was in transport, hence he had to wait 4weeks.

His vin# is 17xxx and my Vin# is 15xxx, so his car is 2000 cars later off the production line than mine.

I've made a formal complaint via email to the boss of Seat UK and also the Manager of the dealership. Lets see if anything happens.

Real Annoyed. Status 30 for 50days now....