Software Version

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Hello everybody,
I don't know if this question has already been answered here but I've been looking and haven't found it.
If I'm repeating the question, I apologize.

How can you know the current software version that we have in the car?
Mine just says:

Hardware: H20
Software: 0796
Hardware ABT: H43
ABT Software: 6074
Navigation Database: 22.6
Codec Devices: 3.1.4

I see several people talking about version 2.0, 3.0, etc, but mine only shows 0796...
I have the car since March 2022 and I've never seen any updates.

Thanks in advance.

Compliments
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh

Alanwmcc

Post by Alanwmcc »

Mine shows this.

E1109B43-8600-4AF4-B50F-9857B605E562.jpeg

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Born_in_PT wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:23 pm Hello everybody,
I don't know if this question has already been answered here but I've been looking and haven't found it.
If I'm repeating the question, I apologize.

How can you know the current software version that we have in the car?
Mine just says:

Hardware: H20
Software: 0796
Hardware ABT: H43
ABT Software: 6074
Navigation Database: 22.6
Codec Devices: 3.1.4

I see several people talking about version 2.0, 3.0, etc, but mine only shows 0796...
I have the car since March 2022 and I've never seen any updates.

Thanks in advance.

Compliments
0796 on the ID3 was a level before 2.3 so that doesn't sound right. Mine shows 3.0
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Hello,
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Mine doesn't have 3.0.0 for sure, my car icons aren't even colored.

However I found an explanation in another forum that indicates that it has to do with the hardware version.
The H20 version does not support OTA updates...
Apparently you will have to take a hardware upgrade (I'm not sure what but I think even the 12v battery will be changed) and only then it will be able to accept the latest versions.

My car was manufactured in February and apparently only those manufactured from the end of March already have the H30 hardware and already support the new versions and OTA updates.

I just don't know when this will happen and if they're going to call the cars to the dealership... I'm screwed... :)
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Well... I have news... but not the ones I wanted...

I went to the dealership where I bought the car to get information about the software versions and to understand why I still have an old version and never did any OTA updates.

First of all, let me say that I got exactly the same feeling that I've already heard about in several forums: nobody knows what they're saying neither they understand anything about the subject... or else they're hiding information.

They told me that my car was one of the first and that it would never have the new software versions!
What??
I asked why and the answer was: "I don't know. I can't tell you why but it won't. The new cars already bring other software and other types of service subscriptions."

Obviously they had to hear a few things and then I went to the workshop to schedule an intervention to solve all the bugs I've already detected.
It is scheduled for August. I will see if they do anything at all.

Meanwhile, I have already sent a complaint email in which I requested official responses to all my complaints.

I will wait...
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

That's a disgrace, if it were me I would go mental!

Is that a thing with cars these days? Do early Teslas not take upgrades? But for a car presumably not even a year old that's absolutely ridiculous. I have to say, if I'd seen this before I bought mine I'd have had second thoughts...will I be in a position in a year's time or so where I can't get upgrades too?

I'm annoyed enough my Imac won't upgrade anymore, after all it's only 10 years old 🤣
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Born_in_PT wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:27 pm Well... I have news... but not the ones I wanted...

I went to the dealership where I bought the car to get information about the software versions and to understand why I still have an old version and never did any OTA updates.

First of all, let me say that I got exactly the same feeling that I've already heard about in several forums: nobody knows what they're saying neither they understand anything about the subject... or else they're hiding information.

They told me that my car was one of the first and that it would never have the new software versions!
What??
I asked why and the answer was: "I don't know. I can't tell you why but it won't. The new cars already bring other software and other types of service subscriptions."

Obviously they had to hear a few things and then I went to the workshop to schedule an intervention to solve all the bugs I've already detected.
It is scheduled for August. I will see if they do anything at all.

Meanwhile, I have already sent a complaint email in which I requested official responses to all my complaints.

I will wait...
I do think that the dealership representative you spoke to is uninformed and talking out of their arse. VW are rolling out the update to 2.4 right now, that has to be done by the workshop under warranty, which will then enable the car to update itself to 3.0 over the air (why they're not just applying 3.0 at the workshop is beyond me). The update takes so long, that as part of the update, all ID3s and ID4s not built with 3.0 will get a replacement 12v battery to cope.

It would be hard to believe that your Born would not receive the same treatment.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

SimonH wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:18 pm That's a disgrace, if it were me I would go mental!

Is that a thing with cars these days? Do early Teslas not take upgrades? But for a car presumably not even a year old that's absolutely ridiculous. I have to say, if I'd seen this before I bought mine I'd have had second thoughts...will I be in a position in a year's time or so where I can't get upgrades too?

I'm annoyed enough my Imac won't upgrade anymore, after all it's only 10 years old 🤣
I totally agree with you and I said that to the seller who made my deal.
I even told him that before buying he told me that the car did everything, now it doesn't.
And I complained in writing.
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Right.
I've read that on several sites and I just hope it's just my salesman's incompetence and that CUPRA does the same as VW, even if it takes some time.

I want to see what they're going to do to in my car when it go to the workshop in August.
I took note of all current versions to compare later.
Last edited by Born_in_PT on Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:30 am
I do think that the dealership representative you spoke to is uninformed and talking out of their arse. VW are rolling out the update to 2.4 right now, that has to be done by the workshop under warranty, which will then enable the car to update itself to 3.0 over the air (why they're not just applying 3.0 at the workshop is beyond me). The update takes so long, that as part of the update, all ID3s and ID4s not built with 3.0 will get a replacement 12v battery to cope.

It would be hard to believe that your Born would not receive the same treatment.
Right.
I've read that on several sites and I just hope it's just my salesman's incompetence and that CUPRA does the same as VW, even if it takes some time.

I want to see what they're going to do to in my car when it go to the workshop in August.
I took note of all current versions to compare later.