Why do people put the spec of their car on posts ?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

I understand owners are excited about their new EV but why put the spec of their car on every post / reply? It looks a bit like showing off and not very British. Like so many people I am lucky enough to have many achievements in life and have some special possessions but don't like to shout about it. It's very anoraky.

alanjs

Post by alanjs »

In many vehicle-specific forums members enter their vehicle details in their stored signature. I've seen and done this in Golf GTi and Golf R forums. If members have questions about specific models, options upgrades or variants then they can see which other members may have experience of the issues and can give valid replies.

I hadn't included my spec yet as the car hasn't been delivered, but just to please you and I have now added the details for the benefit of others. You are of course, perfectly free to ignore it.
ETTO
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Gotta say, I’ve ordered a Vapor Grey Born and the signatures of other users has helped me know what car they have and encouraged me to go on their profile to see if they have any photos of their model in the same spec as me which has been great. I’ve never thought of it in a showing off way as we’re all on here to appreciate the Cupra Born no matter what version someone has.

I haven’t even got mine yet but have put the spec in my signature for the above reasons as well.

As per the post by alanjs, each to their own but I think it’s quite negative to assume users are out to show off.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

WelshCupraB wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:26 pm I understand owners are excited about their new EV but why put the spec of their car on every post / reply? It looks a bit like showing off and not very British. Like so many people I am lucky enough to have many achievements in life and have some special possessions but don't like to shout about it. It's very anoraky.
Why include cupra in your user name on the forum? Is that showing off?

As for being 'anoraky'... you do know your on a car forum, which is for people with an interest in a specific car, don't you? 🤔
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Sorry, I forgot to add my signature with my BEV history... done now 😁
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

WelshCupraB wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:26 pm I understand owners are excited about their new EV but why put the spec of their car on every post / reply? It looks a bit like showing off and not very British. Like so many people I am lucky enough to have many achievements in life and have some special possessions but don't like to shout about it. It's very anoraky.
Wow. Its a forum. It's a signature.
It's friendly, helpful, tolerant.
I don't see bragging, only proud owners and members seeking help. Chill.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
pws7482

Post by pws7482 »

Hey just testing to see if my signature with my car spec works and so I can show off 😂. Feel like I need to add more info.
Cupra Born Geyser Silver
V2 58kw Tech Pack L
Collection date 18/07/22
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Yeah dude, I think you’ve misjudged this one. It’s a pretty wired attitude to come into an established place and tell everyone they’re doing it wrong.

You clearly don’t have much experience of car forums, which is fine, but maybe dial back the insults and learn how things work first.

Oh and as for “not being very British”… this is an international forum. We have members from all over Europe.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

What a strange thread 🤣
June 2021 - Manganese Grey ID.3 Life Pro Performance - Andoyas - SOLD.
July 2022 - Aurora Blue V2 Born - Tech-L - loving it!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

itsmeGAV wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:21 pm
What a strange thread 🤣
Started by the new self appointed moderator looking to rule with an iron rod. :lol:
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565