Rear Arm Rest/Load Hatch

All CUPRA Born related discussions
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

I've just realised that my car (V2) doesn't have a rear armrest in between the two main seats, so I'm also missing the load hatch.

I'm pretty sure the demo car I drove had one, as do the cars I've seen in reviews online. It's even pictured in the full manual PDF.

Is a rear arm rest a V3 feature, or have I got a dud?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue

Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

Rear armrest comes with the 77kwh (V2 or V3) but not the 58kwh; no idea why that should be.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

No arm rest in my V2 58kw, same as you I was a bit disappointed more for the hatch though.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Kernowboy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:37 pm Rear armrest comes with the 77kwh (V2 or V3) but not the 58kwh; no idea why that should be.
There is no middle seat on the rear bench of a 77kWh variant, same as for the ID3, so presumably Cupra decided to add the flipdown arm rest for the 77kWh variant only. On our old ID3 Family, we had this, so it doesn't need to be a 58kWh variant to fit it. We never used ours, as when in place, it is in the way of the seat belt clipping points in the back. Could've flipped it up and down every journey, but the kids couldn't be bothered.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

I had completely missed that the 77kwh only has 4 seats. Guess it would be something to do with the extra batteries but somewhat limiting for a small family car.
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Kernowboy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:37 pm Rear armrest comes with the 77kwh (V2 or V3) but not the 58kwh; no idea why that should be.
The rewiew cars online all seem to be 58kwh... and have an arm rest.
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

It seems only the V3's are being delivered with one for some, unstated, reason.
Even the 58kwh V3's that are on autotrader have one.
Despite it being listed on the spec sheet.
FFS
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

OK, so it seems the UK spec sheet is different to the standard spec sheet, which might explain why the European demo cars early on had the rear arm rest. Still very frustrating....

LAUNCH SPEC:

Screenshot 2022-06-28 104323.png

UK SPEC:

Screenshot 2022-06-28 104132.png

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

You'd be surprised how many options are available on a given car across different markets, its the importers (e.g. VW UK) that decide what options they will have in their menu of models and options available for their particular region.

For the ID3, there ate Recaro style seats available in other markets, but the UK doesn't currently have access to them - Eire does.

If you want to retrofit that rear armrest, you're going to have to buy a V2 77kWh rear seat back assembly (if you bought a V3 assembly, it would be different upholstery), or at least the larger part of the split rear seat back. Do bear in mind that it you were to go down that route, the middle seat inn the rear is quite uncomfortable on the back with the armrest moved upwards.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

That sounds expensive, but cheers.

Where would one even go to get hold of such a thing though if I wanted to?

I assume there aren't any just sat around not going into production cars.