Tyres

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Bails

Post by Bails »

Should I get a tyre inflation kit with the car or do I have to buy one for my new Cupra Born V2

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Mine came with nothing, not even 12v pump, I think it may have been another option but tyres are self sealing, saying that if you get a blowout your stuffed, then you get to use the overhead button to call for help 🙈
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Bails

Post by Bails »

Thanks Betty W. I should have kept the 12v pump when I part exchanged my Seat Ateca but I hope I don't need to use the emergency button.
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Betty W wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:55 am Mine came with nothing, not even 12v pump, I think it may have been another option but tyres are self sealing, saying that if you get a blowout your stuffed, then you get to use the overhead button to call for help 🙈
the one that the licences arent working for!? :roll:
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Bails wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:09 am Should I get a tyre inflation kit with the car or do I have to buy one for my new Cupra Born V2
For V1 on 18" wheels, they should come with a pump and bottle of gunk, as the 18" tyres aren't self sealing. For V2s on 19" or V3s on 20", those tyres are self sealing, so you get no gunk or a pump.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Yes I let the pump and gunk go with my last car too 😤
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Bails

Post by Bails »

Very informative monkeyhanger, and a better reply to the same question that I'm still waiting for from the dealer.
Bails

Post by Bails »

I've never had run flat tires before so I looked it up and although they are safer to have in case of a puncture and blow outs don't happen often, you shouldn't drive over 50mph or 50 miles, they can't be repaired and quite costly to replace compared with normal repairable tires. Mines got Continental EcoContact 6's and a new one starts around £150
Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

I have had run flats repaired, no problem. Both reinforced sidewall and self-seal can be repaired safely and legally as long as the puncture is in the main tread and not the sidewall, same as a normal tyre. The tyre needs to be checked thoroughly for sidewall damage from running under inflated, so take it a decent fitter and avoid ie. Kwik Fit who won’t bother preferring to sell you a new tyre. I wonder why.
Bails

Post by Bails »

That's good o know. Thanks.