Ambient lighting problems

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I’ve got two problems with ambient lighting, firstly it’s not remembering the last colour setting, if I set any colour it just goes back to blue, don’t know if this is normal.

Second problem is my passenger door one is not lighting up correctly, it’s as if it’s dimmer and patchy.
Just wondering if anyone else has the same ?

This is passenger side

8C5D6BE2-FE72-4A7B-927C-8725B3A31131.jpeg

And drivers side is perfect

29BF0C75-B574-4937-9A52-80EF8FBE2349.jpeg

Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey

Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

I’ve got the annoying non-remeberance, too. Occurs on some other settings as well.
Cupra Born since ‘22
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

The ID3 remembers your settings for ambient lighting, no reason why the Born shouldn't - they're essentially the same car, No patchiness on either of our 2 ID3s for ambient lighting, i'd say you have a defective light for at least the patchiness.

Could it be that the Born has an ambient light setting it remembers for every drive mode/profile and when you are flitting between the modes the saved ambient profile is changing, or is it defaulting to a standard colour scheme common to all profiles? Or maybe Cupra have done a lazy port of the ID3's controlling software and its a glitch on the Cupra's hardware they didn't anticipate? Given the problems with the early iterations of the ID3 operating software before 2.3, i'd say its highly likely.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Yes there’s a few thing it forgets but the ambient is the most annoying, I’ve tried a few settings and yes it has different colour for drive modes red for sport and so on but it just defaults back to blue.
Just have to see if the next update fixes this 🤞🤞🤞
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
GraysCupraBorn

Post by GraysCupraBorn »

To retain the ambient light setting I wanted I double tapped the colour (blue) I wanted and this moved the icon along and had the tick over it. No problems since :D
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Mine seems to remember if I use the person / custom setting mode but forgets other settings sometimes and goes back to custom.

Eventually it remembered the drive profile one I wanted and I think that was when I set timed climate from the app (god knows why though).
Stevo1903

Post by Stevo1903 »

Is the ambient lighting on both door panels only is there supposed to be some in around the centre console area?
Thanks
72 plate | V2 | 58Kwh | Tech L pack | Vapour Grey
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Stevo1903 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:43 am Is the ambient lighting on both door panels only is there supposed to be some in around the centre console area?
Thanks
Yes, its inside the cup holder area, right at the front... its very dim.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Stevo1903

Post by Stevo1903 »

Thanks I will have to take a look at mine. I noticed in the ambient light settings it looked like there was a second area other than the doors but could not see anything
72 plate | V2 | 58Kwh | Tech L pack | Vapour Grey
CupraVlox

Post by CupraVlox »

Since today I got the same issues with the ambient lighting. Drivers side is patchy just like yours.. You can somewhat see it on the picture. All the way to the right it's nice and bright red followed by a darker part, then at the edge on the top bright again. Passenger side some fading as well.. Looks like some LEDs just burned out.. Booked a repair on the 26th of October.

LED cupra.jpg

Cupra Born - Adrenaline One - 2022 - Quasar Grey