All CUPRA Born related discussions
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

This is the coding

Function_configuration_audio
Channel 1 TT Activate
Channel 4 TT Activate

Signal_Flow_topology from 15 to 25

But I had problems with rear speakers working but EQ and fader didn’t function properly also 2 faults 8125
I had to reverse signal Flow back to 15 clear faults then re code
Signal_Flow_topology from 15 to 25

This then gave me fader and balance and working EQ screen.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey

Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Betty W wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:25 am This is the coding...
Thanks! Very interesting. I'll cross-post your info in the German forum to see if this helps.

Glad to hear it's working properly 8-)
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

BettyW:

How long do you think it took you all in? Did you snap any clips etc prising off trims and door cards? Just wondered if there were any prone to easy breakage that would be worth buying a few of up front?

Part of me is wondering whether its worth the hassle for the kids' benefit in the back - when they're so into their tablets, and not my music choices. I'd also feel the need to do both cars! How are the speakers secured if you didn't rivet them in? Any particular sizes of nuts/bolts to use instead?
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I bought 10 replacement door clips but managed to remove both door cards without braking any of them 🤣
It only has two t25 and one turn clip at the bottom then five of the dreaded vw door clips.
un_born

Post by un_born »

Betty W wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:51 pm Just managed to code them, have to say they sound fantastic.

20C77B36-B531-43D5-B647-F2B38EC9FD7B.jpeg
Did you need the dongle to unlock the head unit first or was it solely ODB11?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Betty W wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:42 am I bought 10 replacement door clips but managed to remove both door cards without braking any of them 🤣
It only has two t25 and one turn clip at the bottom then five of the dreaded vw door clips.
Plenty of room for threading the speaker cables through the cavities between door and main car body (presumably along plastic trim overlapping the carpet edges? Or did you have to give it a helping hand threading those cables with a stretched out wire coathanger (like I did with my rear dashcam cabling from the front unit)?
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
GerhardMayer

Post by GerhardMayer »

Hi there,

thanks to Elea4 i found my way to this forum. Its me having the problem with corrupt Equalizer and Balance/Fader after coding. So i tried the "workaround" above but it didn't work. No solution at the moment. Maybe i'll find someone here who could help.

First some pics of the standard screens all working correctly:

2SPK Equalizer.jpg

2SPK Balance-Fader.jpg

Born 2 (2 SPK - normal).jpg

Now the same screens after coding "Signal_Flow_topology from 15 to 25":

4SPK Equalizer.jpg

4SPK Balance-Fader.jpg

Born 1 (4 SPK - Bass fehlt).jpg

On the last picture you see a a high loose on bass with 4 speakers - below 200Hz it goes down to -12db at 80Hz. Sounds like someone killed the subwoofer :(
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

un_born wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:44 am
Betty W wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:51 pm Just managed to code them, have to say they sound fantastic.

20C77B36-B531-43D5-B647-F2B38EC9FD7B.jpeg
Did you need the dongle to unlock the head unit first or was it solely ODB11?
No I used the coding above and OBDeleven can unlock the head unit.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:46 am
Betty W wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:42 am I bought 10 replacement door clips but managed to remove both door cards without braking any of them 🤣
Plenty of room for threading the speaker cables through the cavities between door and main car body (presumably along plastic trim overlapping the carpet edges? Or did you have to give it a helping hand threading those cables with a stretched out wire coathanger (like I did with my rear dashcam cabling from the front unit)?
I ended up removing the front door kick plates as they only give you just enough cable.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

GerhardMayer wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:51 pm Hi there,

thanks to Elea4 i found my way to this forum. Its me having the problem with corrupt Equalizer and Balance/Fader after coding. So i tried the "workaround" above but it didn't work. No solution at the moment. Maybe i'll find someone here who could help.

First some pics of the standard screens all working correctly:

2SPK Equalizer.jpg
2SPK Balance-Fader.jpg
Born 2 (2 SPK - normal).jpg

Now the same screens after coding "Signal_Flow_topology from 15 to 25":
4SPK Equalizer.jpg
4SPK Balance-Fader.jpg
Born 1 (4 SPK - Bass fehlt).jpg

On the last picture you see a a high loose on bass with 4 speakers - below 200Hz it goes down to -12db at 80Hz. Sounds like someone killed the subwoofer :(
I have the focal woofers so it has plenty of bass, in fact it shakes the car if crank up the volume.
I wonder if it’s something to do with Cupra fitting the more powerful speakers with the beats audio, not really noticed the EQ settings, will have a look tomorrow as my better half is out in the car tonight.