My Born small improvement’s

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Kurvenflitzer

Post by Kurvenflitzer »

Betty b wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:47 pm Think that’s it, id3 models had one behind internal door pull
And then you just pull hard on the panel? Or is there a trick?
I do a lot of diy, but not on the car yet. I fear to break something, if I pull to hard.

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Just start at the bottom and work round to the top, then it’s just hooked over the top.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Hi Betty.
I have all the kit now to install the rear speakers, do you have an updated full list of what settings need to be set in OBD11?
I know there's been a fair bit of discussion here (and that there are some lingering errors), but its hard to figure out what the end result is. And to be honest I'm a bit scared of messing something up!
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Turns out finally someone from the German Born forum brought their Born to Kufatec to be a guinea pig for the rear speaker programming.

Supposedly Kufatec now has the proper coding for the rear speakers.
Stu

Post by Stu »

I knew Kufatec were looking for a mule to test on, they were offering a reduced price. It needed to be someone in Germany ideally.
Stu….

V2 - Vapour Grey
un_born

Post by un_born »

If anyone is after the Focals then caraudiosecurity on ebay have them cheapest. Picked up a set myself! £144.46 incl del.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262351114173 ... R_Kpt4WYYQ
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Elea4 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:53 pm Turns out finally someone from the German Born forum brought their Born to Kufatec to be a guinea pig for the rear speaker programming.

They do. I emailed them to ask what it was... unsurprisingly they declined to share.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

KEV1L wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:44 pm
Elea4 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:53 pm Turns out finally someone from the German Born forum brought their Born to Kufatec to be a guinea pig for the rear speaker programming.

They do. I emailed them to ask what it was... unsurprisingly they declined to share.

Well yeah because they sell the dongle with the coding as part of the rear-speaker package.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

This is the basic coding to make it work but originating from id3 it has a few differences. Id3 has 3 band EQ born has 5 band EQ, I think this is the problem as after fitting and coding you get 5 band but only 3 work also missing data fault in 8125, but doesn’t affect the sound.

Function_configuration_audio
Channel 1 TT Activate
Channel 4 TT Activate

Signal_Flow_topology from 15 to 0

There is a few more settings linked to rear speakers if tweeters are fitted but above coding should sort it

Remember to keep bonnet open while coding then long press infotainment on/off to re start and your done 👍
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

I am planning to add the tweeters if you have the settings for those?