My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:58 am
viking2010 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:40 am Just checked the Cupra Store app from the car and the Connect app is now showing me the correct expiry date of 3 years from when I bought it. Previously, it only had one year on it. The My Cupra app however, still only shows one year against all but the private emergency call and breakdown calls, which both now show as activated and have a 10 year lifespan. Anyone else's app updated the valid until dates? I've also noticed that the error messages that kept coming up in the app have now stopped showing which is good.
Identical experience to me! It’s good the emergency calling and breakdown is now showing as activated, definitely a step in the right direction.

I think the light control and lock/unlock will only work when the dealers can verify the identity. Last I heard at the start of this week was their system being down still.
Same here. I had a brief update and the following day noticed that the app updated...everything now activated.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I'm back on the topic of the app reporting a lower range than the car shows.
Williefixit's earlier posts on this seem correct. That is the figure reported back from the VW/cupra servers to the car divides the car figure by 1.61 because it thinks its in kilometres.
I have emailed Cupradigitalsupport this morning to try to resolve.
Has anyone managed to get this fixed?
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
williefixit

Post by williefixit »

Daveion wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:05 pm
Daveion wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:49 pm
williefixit wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:20 pm I reported the Estimated Range error in the My Cupra App to Cupra Digital Support 7 weeks ago and have since provided them with numerous photos and screenshots. This is what other users and I have noticed:-
1. The error is usually a factor of 1.61. (i.e. The car's figure is 1.61 x the App's figure. (which is the conversion for miles to km)
2. When the car synchronises with the Cupra server, the App figure agrees with the car's figure.
3. I've only noticed this for the last 2 evenings, but the App figure drops to the error figure at an unpredictable time. (last night it was between 10 and 11pm and tonight it was between 7 and 8pm. It was not the same time from when the car was locked up.
4. As others have said, the %age charge always agrees
I have seen that quoted before. To be clear. Are you saying that between the car, server and app a figure which is in miles in the car ends up being divided by 1.61 in the server SW as a kilometer figure and reported through the app therefore as a lower range figure?
I was sceptical about this but the math seems bang on. I know if I divide the range in the car by 1.61 that is what I will see in the app.
SO WHATS THE FIX?
Yes, you've stated what appears to be happening correctly. I wasn't the first to notice the 1.61 factor and occasionally it's a little bit different. I find the fact that if you've used the car in the day, the App figure will agree with the car, but at some point in the evening when the car is "asleep", it reverts to the to figure and it's not the same time? I think only Cupra Connect Support can say why? However instead of getting an answer I've just had this from them:-

"For the error from the vehicle, we would like to ask if the charging infrastructure is working properly. If so, please return the incident to us with a new timestamp."

What on earth does the charging infrastructure have to do with it? This error happen when the car is not connected to the charger! Also, what does "a new timestamp mean" I have sent them screenshots and photos on 7 separate emails!
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

What on earth does the charging infrastructure have to do with it? This error happen when the car is not connected to the charger! Also, what does "a new timestamp mean" I have sent them screenshots and photos on 7 separate emails!
[/quote]

I agree. I had a response earlier from Cupradigital who have asked me to send them screenshots of the car and app ranges. Not sure what that tells them?
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

The app told me my car was unlocked earlier this evening ...when did that happen! Things are looking up!

Re mileage, seems to be related to if you have been charging it for me. E.g. Tuesday evening I charged it as I had to go work, wrong mileage shown in the morning (and I agree 1.61 was probably the factor).

Just now, with no charging tonight, it's correct.

Also now have breakdown etc. enabled.
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Scratch that, just re-checked and it's now wrong, so yes related to sleeping maybe? Tronity is also wrong.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

SimonH wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:39 pm The app told me my car was unlocked earlier this evening ...when did that happen! Things are looking up!
I noticed that earlier in the week as well.

It also displayed that a door was open.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
viking2010

Post by viking2010 »

I sent my dealer my driving licence info a few weeks ago, and they have been able to update it on the VW/Cupra system. There still doesn't appear to be a mechanism to be able to unlock/lock remotely, but it does tell me now if the doors are open or unlocked. I just can't do anything about it if I have left the car unlocked and walked away!
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

In the app under the following section, "SETTINGS" then "Service Management" my options from 'Online map update' onwards are all "Deactivated". Is this normal or should those be "Activated"?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White
michbright

Post by michbright »

I can't even open the app now. After a while, it says 'Gateway timeout'.

I was able to open it a couple of hours ago, but not now... Cupra/VW really needs to sort this out. It's ridiculous.
Cupra Born | V1 | Aurora Blue