My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
steve green

Post by steve green »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:34 am
steve green wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:27 am Picked up my V1 yesterday, impressive but the same problem as others have, the My Cupra App wont link to the car,
Dealer tried twice and said the system sometimes does that so try again another day.
I've not read all the forum threads yet so am wondering if there is a forum fix that works or if its outside my control and only the dealer can fix it.
Cheers
Has your system been updated to version 3.0 yet? If not this is the first step, then the connection from the car to app should work. Let me know if there’s any questions and I can try help you out.
Just checked the car and the software is version 3.0.0, car is a bit hot in the sun so will try to do what the dealer did yesterday later
New V1 Owner from July 2022

Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

FWIW, when I picked up my Born about a month ago, dealer said that it was a requirement of them to help customers getting their cars connected. This was in Sweden, but it’s sad to see they don’t act the same all over… You’d think by now, the Volkswagen Group would have figured out the software glitches…:)
Cupra Born since ‘22
Liamy321

Post by Liamy321 »

So I've finally collected my Born today and I'm having the same app activation issues as everyone else it seems. I am trying to initiate the software update from the service menu but when I tap "start update" nothing happens. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Finally got the update through and I've got the app working now. Got all of the services activated but get a "something went wrong" error message and I can't see the doors and lights status.
Last edited by Liamy321 on Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get £50 account credit when you switch to Octopus energy using this link! https://share.octopus.energy/dawn-puma-140

Get £15 account credit in the Bonnet app with my code R347RK!

Cupra Born V2 58Kwh 204 PS | Aroura Blue | Skyline Pack | Tech (M) Pack
steve green

Post by steve green »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:34 am
steve green wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:27 am Picked up my V1 yesterday, impressive but the same problem as others have, the My Cupra App wont link to the car,
Dealer tried twice and said the system sometimes does that so try again another day.
I've not read all the forum threads yet so am wondering if there is a forum fix that works or if its outside my control and only the dealer can fix it.
Cheers
Has your system been updated to version 3.0 yet? If not this is the first step, then the connection from the car to app should work. Let me know if there’s any questions and I can try help you out.
I had a third attempt yesterday running version 3.0.0 of the software with no luck and doing what it shows on the tutorial video.
"User" screen blank so powered down the whole system and re started it.
Comes back with "Me" greyed out as before so can't select it so chose "Other" as the Dealer tried at their place
Phone all good, VIN goes in, Scans QR code and phone seems to recognise it
Select the bottom log in on car as Dealer said and it comes back with "Something went wrong" as before
No notifications or anything needing action on the phone.
I don't know where "Privacy" settings are someone mentioned, hard to find stuff without knowing having a fair idea of where options are buried.
Seems to be rather buggy software, dealer said it was a common problem outside their control, thanks for the help from all anyway..
New V1 Owner from July 2022
AuroraBlue

Post by AuroraBlue »

Picked up new V2 on Friday and spent a good bit of time trying to get myself logged in as the primary user.
Tried everything, reinstall the app, restart iPhone even the nuclear option to reset infotainment system. Only lost a few presets on the radio and map locations.
Tried again today and same issues, get to scan QR code on phone then app hangs and car goes back to guest user.
Looking at different settings and a notification flashed on the screen that there was a software update.
I had checked the day before and it said that there were no software updates and running version 3.0
Pressed the little icon at the top right, the one with the annoying red dot, then swiped right and there it was…software update and that it would fix first time connections for new users.
Screen shows update in progress and gets about half way and then seemed to stop. The system will only update when the car is switched on, so effectively you have to be sat in the drivers seat all the time. Still the air con was cool.
Waited about half an hour, got bored so got out, switched off and locked the doors. Went back about 10 minutes later, infotainment a little slow to load but no screen showing update in progress so assumed it had completed.
Tried the process for setting a new user and scanned the QR code with my phone and it worked..first time!
Still had the annoying red dot, but that was just to tell me there was a new notification that a new user had been set up.
Deleted the message, no red dot.
All is good now,.
Cupra Born V2, Aurora Blue
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

So, you're registered, but can you actually do anything with teh app? I can't do anything - I can't see my range remotely, put the aircon remotely or anything else I could do on my ID3 with the app. having registered seemingly has only slowed the MMI boot up process.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
pws7482

Post by pws7482 »

40B3296F-DC7B-49A0-8DC0-00FBA87864F3.jpeg

Hi I collected my Born today and after a bit of faffing I got the app connected. However I needed to purchase the year subscription before I could use all the services, which others have mentioned too. Can anyone tell me what the ID document number is? Apologies if this has already been covered.
Cupra Born Geyser Silver
V2 58kw Tech Pack L
Collection date 18/07/22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I put in my finance agreement number and it was all good.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

That's me buggered, I have no finance number. As finance is not a prerequisite to buying, needing a finance number seems a bit off.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:41 pm That's me buggered, I have no finance number. As finance is not a prerequisite to buying, needing a finance number seems a bit off.
I thought it odd but maybe if you bought it outright it's the invoice number.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE