My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Daveion wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:07 am Looks like there is s level of success and knowledge building with getting the app working. Mine has been up and running for just over a week and remaining issues are:-
No emergency service licence. Deactivated
No breakdown service licence. Deactivated
Car shows a different range to the app. This morning the car is showing 206 miles at 75% and the app 132 at 75%. Not a big deal but annoying.
Anyone got the remaining licence business sorted?
I’m in the same position as you.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue

RoystonJoyston

Post by RoystonJoyston »

Just got my app to accept primary user, but like others not getting any info as all services deactivated.

Had ordered a V3 in aurora blue from local dealer but no expected date, however on holiday in Norfolk , dealer had exact model in stock, so bought that one.
V3 Aurora Blue
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

RoystonJoyston wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:17 pm Just got my app to accept primary user, but like others not getting any info as all services deactivated.

Had ordered a V3 in aurora blue from local dealer but no expected date, however on holiday in Norfolk , dealer had exact model in stock, so bought that one.
This can be fixed by ‘buying’ the connect plus pack (or something like that) in the in-car store.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

KEV1L wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:30 pm
RoystonJoyston wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:17 pm Just got my app to accept primary user, but like others not getting any info as all services deactivated.

This can be fixed by ‘buying’ the connect plus pack (or something like that) in the in-car store.
👍 worked for me.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Seeing some of you mentioning that a lot of options in the “service management” menu in the app reads as deactivated… Just took a little trip and made sure the car was showing location (infotainment screen, top right, connectivity menu) and all those deactivated items start working.
Cupra Born since ‘22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Nacaduct wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:07 pm Seeing some of you mentioning that a lot of options in the “service management” menu in the app reads as deactivated… Just took a little trip and made sure the car was showing location (infotainment screen, top right, connectivity menu) and all those deactivated items start working.
How about Emergency Service and Breakdown Service?
Will post an update from my dealership on the Active Licence thread.
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My app is telling me my car is unlocked.
Shame it's miles away in a dodgy area and it can't be locked remotely.
😂

Screenshot_20220706-121119_My CUPRA.jpg

BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
hoo29

Post by hoo29 »

It took a while but got the car registered through the app after it initially said VIN not recognised. Thought I'd have a poke at what the app is doing and the status api just continually returns an error. Might explain why there is always a popup saying something has gone wrong.

postman.png

Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
steve green

Post by steve green »

Picked up my V1 yesterday, impressive but the same problem as others have, the My Cupra App wont link to the car,
Dealer tried twice and said the system sometimes does that so try again another day.
I've not read all the forum threads yet so am wondering if there is a forum fix that works or if its outside my control and only the dealer can fix it.
Cheers
New V1 Owner from July 2022
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

steve green wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:27 am Picked up my V1 yesterday, impressive but the same problem as others have, the My Cupra App wont link to the car,
Dealer tried twice and said the system sometimes does that so try again another day.
I've not read all the forum threads yet so am wondering if there is a forum fix that works or if its outside my control and only the dealer can fix it.
Cheers
Has your system been updated to version 3.0 yet? If not this is the first step, then the connection from the car to app should work. Let me know if there’s any questions and I can try help you out.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack