Hello there...

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
MLB_Born

Post by MLB_Born »

Hi - I've just ordered a Cupra Born V2 in Vapor Grey with tech pack L. I'm luck that the dealer has cars in stock (so no option for me to change any aspects of the order). I originally ordered a ID3 last October but the constant delays have left me frustrated. When the Born came out I liked the look of it but (foolishly) assumed I would get my ID3 before any order for a Born could be delivered. That turned out to be wrong.

I'm really looking forward to getting my Born next week. I loved the test drive (today) and it feels like a firmer set up than the ID3 with loads of acceleration. It definitely feels like you could throw it into the corners (I can't wait). So - roll on next Friday. :D

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

You won’t be disappointed, that’s exactly the same spec as ours 👍
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
MLB_Born

Post by MLB_Born »

Thanks - although I got the name of the colour wrong. It's in Quasar Grey. It's a car in stock so I'm really chuffed as I get to pick it up next week. Also - the V2 has the head up display - that wasn't part of my ID3 order so I'm looking forward to seeing what that is like!
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Head up is very good especially when you have sat nav running.
I am finding the tech a bit complicated but starting to get my head around it now.
Never been out for so many runs since we got it 🤣
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MLB_Born wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:47 pm Thanks - although I got the name of the colour wrong. It's in Quasar Grey. It's a car in stock so I'm really chuffed as I get to pick it up next week. Also - the V2 has the head up display - that wasn't part of my ID3 order so I'm looking forward to seeing what that is like!
Quasar Grey is the very dark grey metallic, known as Manganese Grey on the ID3, IMO the best ID3 colour, although on the Born, it'd be a toss ulbetween that and the Aurora Blue.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

They were my two choices based off the website, in person the blue was too nice to ignore.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
MLB_Born

Post by MLB_Born »

I could have gone for white which was the colour choice for my ID3 order but as they had the quasar grey in the show room and it looked good I went for that.

Roll on next Friday.

I haven't yet cancelled my ID3 order (haven't got round to it). I can count on one hand how often I've been updated since last October so I don't feel I need to rush... :lol:
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MLB_Born wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:37 pm I could have gone for white which was the colour choice for my ID3 order but as they had the quasar grey in the show room and it looked good I went for that.

Roll on next Friday.

I haven't yet cancelled my ID3 order (haven't got round to it). I can count on one hand how often I've been updated since last October so I don't feel I need to rush... :lol:
Is your ID3 order subject to grant and VW finance contribution considerations, being bought at consideratble discount all in to the current RRP? If so, you might want to take delivery and sell it on if Motorway.co.uk prices remain firm, you might make an easy £2-4k off it, depending on how much you were paying.

MLB_Born

Post by MLB_Born »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:53 am
MLB_Born wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:37 pm I could have gone for white which was the colour choice for my ID3 order but as they had the quasar grey in the show room and it looked good I went for that.

Roll on next Friday.

Is your ID3 order subject to grant and VW finance contribution considerations, being bought at consideratble discount all in to the current RRP? If so, you might want to take delivery and sell it on if Motorway.co.uk prices remain firm, you might make an easy £2-4k off it, depending on how much you were paying.

I did think about this. I had the discount and gov grant. The grant might expire after 12 months (no one seems to know!). But, I decided to cancel just before picking up my Born. Emailed my dealer and.... no response. I can count on one hand the number of updates I've had from him this year and now I've cancelled I get ghosted. Due to part ex there was no deposit. I'm now very happy I jumped to the Born!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MLB_Born wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:12 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:53 am

Roll on next Friday.

I did think about this. I had the discount and gov grant. The grant might expire after 12 months (no one seems to know!). But, I decided to cancel just before picking up my Born. Emailed my dealer and.... no response. I can count on one hand the number of updates I've had from him this year and now I've cancelled I get ghosted. Due to part ex there was no deposit. I'm now very happy I jumped to the Born!
He's probably dancing around the dealership, thinking about selling your ID3 for full RRP.