OBDeleven Travel Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

girarcat wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:31 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:20 pm
girarcat wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:48 am At least in Spain, since a few weeks ago the Born can be ordered with Pilot L, including Travel Assist. Maybe it will now be possible to order the proper Eboost steering wheel with capacitive sensors via the official dealer, and have it fitted there without warranty issues?
Can the e-Boost variant be ordered in Spain with Pilot L, including Travel assist though?

Not all E-Boost steering wheels are capacitative - our 2 e-Boosts at home don't have a capacitative steering wheel.

I have activated Travel Assist via OBD11, it is useless without the capacitative wheel, but does light up an extra button on the steering wheel!).
Yes, you can order now the Exclusive Pack Plus which includes Pilot L with Travel Assist, also with the 77kwh Eboost version, so I guess at least in the near future we should be able to order the steering wheel with the specs for this car.
I'm happy with the extra light on the steering wheel via OBD11. Not a fan of most assistance systems apart from ACC - Lane Assist itself seemingly tries to make you crash by ignoring any obstacles between line markings.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565