Hello and tyres and charging issues

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
lnjs

Post by lnjs »

It seems polite to say hello before mining for help!

We are in the UK and have owned our Born since July '22.

Enjoy the driving experience, but the tech is buggy. I have given up trying to fix the "Login again" spam, and I am used to the constant "new settings are available". The unpredictable app is part of the spice of life I guess.

The two issues that are really bugging me are the speed with which the car wears out rear tyres, which I can see is addressed elsewhere on the forum, and charging at preferred times.

I charge at home via a 3 pin plug, so I am relying on the charging schedule of the car. Every now and then it works fine, but more often than not it starts charging at the programmed time (midnight) but does not switch off at 5am like it is scheduled to do. When I wake up in the morning, the app has decided to switch modes to "Charge Immediately". I have an overnight reduced electricity tariff for charging the car, so this glitch is really frustrating and I can't find a fix.

So that is why I have joined up!

Cossieg

Post by Cossieg »

I have my charger plugged in with a ‘hive’ controlled socket so I can set the time of charge. There are lots around, quite cheap really.