100% charge

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

Put car on charge overnight as I do every Wednesday evening, set to charge to 80% as normal, but woke this morning checked the app and the cars charged to 100%
Don’t understand how that can be, I certainly didn’t change any settings in the car and the Zappi and octopus Intelligence can’t override the car, very strange.

Any ideas?

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Boris7 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:23 am Put car on charge overnight as I do every Wednesday evening, set to charge to 80% as normal, but woke this morning checked the app and the cars charged to 100%
Don’t understand how that can be, I certainly didn’t change any settings in the car and the Zappi and octopus Intelligence can’t override the car, very strange.

Any ideas?
Octopus exceeded the limit in their app on mine yesterday. It's set at 80% and the car at 90%. It's never done it before but found it charged to 90% that day. What is your car limit? Maybe Octopus had a glitch!
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

Limit is set to 80% in car.

Charged again last night and it charged to 82% which isn’t unusual (think that’s to do with temperature change)

No idea if it’s an Octopus issue, but can’t explain it any other way.
JBorn

Post by JBorn »

I have had a similar issue. For me it was the charging e-manager routines

When the car fails to recognise that it's in the location of a routine... it will go with the e-manager default max charge percentage, rather than what you have set for your home max charge... e.g. 80%

For me that default charge would be whatever I last did when I was at a rapid charger or if I charge at a destination charger. Which could be 50% to 100% depending on how far I was going.

Hope that makes sense. Usually it resets if you unplug and plug back in.