Standard seat vs. extra Dinamica seats

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Mauzes

Post by Mauzes »

Hi All, has anyone actually tried and compared the two types of seats available in the Born? I know the standard seat and the Dinamica seats (blue or grey) have exactly the same bucket shape but have a difference in material and functions (electrical adjustment, massage function, and perhaps lumbar support but I'm not sure - also heating but that can be ordered to the standard sear for a low-ish amount).
My question, is there a real life difference between these two comfort wise? Just when you sit in them and drive. If there's no noticeable difference in comfort, I wouldn't spend that much money on a better looking seat.

JBorn

Post by JBorn »

I bought an ex demo so had no choice over the spec...

I have the V3 with the dynamica grey and when I had a courtesy V1 born for a short time with the standard fabric seats, they do feel quite a lot different and more firm. However the ride was more comfy because of the smaller 18 inch vs V3's 20 inch wheels. You really do notice the texture of the fabric when you sit in it compared to the soft dynamica. The dynamica is grippier and you don't slide around and does feel nice, its also very soft.

I did find the dynamica smells a bit funny when the car has got hot in the sun. Side effect of being recycled plastic I guess...

I do get paranoid about spilling anything on the seats. I wouldn't bother with them if you have messy kids, the fabric looks like it would absorb a piece of chocolate just great.

Both front seats get electrically adjustable lumbar support with V3 which is definitely a plus on long journeys. I don't know if the V1 and V2 specs get manual lumbar support. I would think they would for at least the drivers seat. For me though it doesn't quite get low enough down the back. And obviously they are heated. But I think V2 spec gets that and heated steering wheel as well. So all you are really getting with V3 is Dynamica Electric Massage Seats and 20 inch wheels.

The massage is useful on longer journeys, and sometimes nice if you're sat in a traffic jam. It basically just replaces a really good stretch 😄. It's a very basic massage function though, unlike the new ID7. It has one button which is programmed to move the lumbar support in and out and up and down your back for 10 minutes. I didn't like it much at first but it grows on you. To be fair I would really miss the massage function if I got a different car as I couldn't really justify getting it again, but it is nice to have.

If you have an office job and a bad back like me it might be worth splashing out on the massage seats.
Pugboy

Post by Pugboy »

I have the regular seats. They seem fine. Shame they don't have lumbar support though.
To be honest with it being an EV it's unlikely you will be spending hours driving in one go so the standard seats are fine. I would have to have seat heating though. Can't go without that.
Note I have found the fabric to be really easy to keep clean. I've even had my dogs jump in with muddy paws and the seats wiped clean no problem.
I believe the fabric used on the V3 model seats is like I have on my armrests. If so that marks really easily so I would be paranoid about keeping the seats clean.
I'm usually a top of the range car guy, but I genuinely feel like the V2 model gives me everything I need.
Born V2 58 E-Boost
1989 Fiat Ducato Motorhome
2012 Fiesta Econetic Titanium
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

I have the Blue Dinamica seats and one feature they have which I'm not sure if the normal seats have is the extendible thigh support. Makes a huge difference to comfort on long journeys for me and is something BMW sports seats all have which I had missed for a long time.
Also my first car with electric seats and I was always a bit skeptical about them but they are really, really nice. So much easier to adjust whilst driving.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
Pugboy

Post by Pugboy »

Actually I would like the extending under thigh support like I've had on the BMW's. That's a good point.
I would say though at 6ft tall I haven't had an issue and noticed I didn't have it if you see what I mean.
Born V2 58 E-Boost
1989 Fiat Ducato Motorhome
2012 Fiesta Econetic Titanium