Cupra Wall Charger (Elli) stops Charging randomly

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
sharkmeister47

Post by sharkmeister47 »

I've had the Cupra Wall charger installed in the garage yesterday eve. There's no wifi connection as the garage is underground. I connected the charger cable to the car, and the charger's first two lights started bleeping in green. The charging port on the car was lit solid green. Battery care settings on the app (and in the car) were set to on, with slow charging on. The car started charging at 40% but somewhat stopped at around 45% - I found the wall box showing the first two lights bleeping in yellow (disconnected from app/vehicle).

Any one has experienced anything similar? any idea what could've caused this?

The App showed "external power: Unavailable" in the battery section.

22409221-2a7c-433b-b2ac-90c0d4652fdf.jpg

App 1.jpeg

66c8f26b-f28d-4943-b00a-9cf6d242010c.jpg

-----------------
Cupra Born (150kW/204PS)
Reyleigh Red
Granite Grey Dinamica Seats
Firstorm 20"

WoT

Post by WoT »

Mine is an Ohme charger so no direct experience but I elected to use it as a dumb charger, not use the wallbox controls or Ohme app - so if i plug it in, it charges immediately- and to use the car's e-manager (not the cupra app) to control the whole charging process. Too many different flaky systems and you never make progress.
58kwh v2 Dec 22
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

Sounds to me like the issue is with the charger settings, as above I think it needs to work as a dumb charger, which may not be what you’d like as you won’t get the best priced electricity unless you go down and plug in at the start of the cheap rate hours.

You may if possible like to run an Ethernet lead and WiFi repeater to the garage.
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Get a TP-Link Powerline (or similar) starter pack with a wifi repeater. Plug the transmitter into a power socket near your router and connect an ethernet cable. Plug the wifi repeater into a power socket in the garage and set up your charger.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023