View Battery Degradation?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Does anyone know how to view the battery degradation on our Cupra Borns?

I have the Tronity app which says the battery is 45 kWh, and the variant is the 110 kW - 55 kWh version.

Does this mean my battery has lost 10 kWh from the original capacity?
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack

mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

I have the Tronity app and I don't see anywhere where it says the capacity of the battery. Either way, no app can just tell you the degradation or the current real capacity. The only way is to do a test drive over a known distance and then see how many kW you can charge to get back to the percentage you started with, and then do the maths do figure out the current capacity.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:46 pm Does anyone know how to view the battery degradation on our Cupra Borns?

I have the Tronity app which says the battery is 45 kWh, and the variant is the 110 kW - 55 kWh version.

Does this mean my battery has lost 10 kWh from the original capacity?
No, it means that you have a 55kWh battery but only 45kWh is useable, in the same way that those of us who have a "58kWh" battery, actually have a 62kWh battery, but can only use 58kWh, the rest is head space, not sure why the 45kWh version got such a big head space rather than VAG making it 50kWh usable and 5kWh head space.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565