New Born Owner and new brand to EV’’s

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Roborn

Post by Roborn »

Just a quick hello, took delivery of a V2 58kw boost in quasar grey at the weekend having joined this forum a few weeks ago to get an idea of what to expect. Also drive a fiesta 8.5 ST so not blown away by the performance or handing but first thoughts are it drives like a limousine - too many gadgets really but if you pretty much ignore it, play music and navigate on CarPlay it’s quite easy just to jump in and drive. I find the haptic buttons on the wheel are fine, I have rear speakers and the stereo is perfect for my needs. It’s early days but I’m finding the transition to ev fairly easy. I have an Ohme home pro charger that was installed today, seems easy just to set the car to 80%, then plug the charger in and off you go. All the features through the touchscreen are overcomplicated imho and the charge apps and the car don’t talk to each other, so before I get a smart meter installed I’ll just plug in and charge to 80%. Range according to the car is woeful at present but it’s cold and I’m guessing g the car needs to get to know my driving style, I’ve only really done 110 miles of pottering about on the local B roads and it is nice to drive - it nothing like the performance or driving feel of the Fiesta tbh. So just a quick hello and thanks to this forum for all the info so far’