User Specific Settings ?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
s3akr

Post by s3akr »

Does anyone know what the point is of having users defined to the car ? They don't seem to do anything, they don't save any user specific settings, they aren't aligned to a specific key fob, yet they exist! For example, my wife doesn't like the HUD at night, and wants the ambient lighting off, so it would be nice that her user id retained these settings or that they were saved against her key fob.

I am truly hoping that I'm dumb and that there are saved settings!
2022 Born V3 77KW - Aurora Blue, Beats, DCC, Heat Pump, Cargo Pack, 20" Blizzard Copper Wheels, Tech Pack M, Aurora Blue Seats
2021 Macan GTS (too many options)
2012 Cayman R (the right options)
1998 Boxster 2.5 (full poverty spec + 15 bad owners)

headwrong

Post by headwrong »

No, you're not being dumb at all.

The multi user stuff on the Born is pretty much broken. It's as if they started to do it properly and set up the infotainment system to allow multiple users and built a login screen for it, but then they ran out of time or talent and just left it at that. I don't know what settings, if any, are saved between each user beyond displaying their name in a few places.

It would be extremely handy if logging in as a particular user would make the car search for that user's phone for wireless carplay/android, but no - it's not that clever.
s3akr

Post by s3akr »

Wow. Unbelievable. Its that sort if software omission that makes a car irritating beyond belief - surely a simple thing to have had in place and probably unlikely to be rolled out on the current hardware version, no doubt.
2022 Born V3 77KW - Aurora Blue, Beats, DCC, Heat Pump, Cargo Pack, 20" Blizzard Copper Wheels, Tech Pack M, Aurora Blue Seats
2021 Macan GTS (too many options)
2012 Cayman R (the right options)
1998 Boxster 2.5 (full poverty spec + 15 bad owners)
WoT

Post by WoT »

Yep. Keep just one user and hit 'ok' every time you get in. Then switch off lane assist. This is VW saying, we have no skill in writing simple systems for a world car.
But if you ignore it you...sometimes?...can't access satnav . Which means stop get out get back in and THEN say ok . Mad.
58kwh v2 Dec 22
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

You don’t need to stop, get out etc, Just turn the centre unit off completely (press and hold bottom left button) wait a second and then turn it back on and it goes back to that bloody same screen, press ok and in my case tell it again that I have an iphone which is actually connected via the usb (not Bluetooth)

Would be nice if SWMBO got it, plugged in her phone and then the car changed all settings including seat position just like my old Mercedes did, but VW group don’t make money from retrospective upgrades so doubt it will happen.
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

I still find it mad that the highly talented (sniggers) software developers at VW haven’t added an option to not bloody well ask you every sodding time if you want to log in as a user. It’s my car and I’m the only one that drives it 99.9% of the time.