New Born owner here saying hello *Wave*

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

rsg444 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:08 pm
whathappened? wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:24 pm
rsg444 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:48 pm Good taste! I have the same combo but sadly no rear speakers on mine.
Awww no way! It's so strange that they were not there from the beginning. Was there a part shortage or something?

I think its unfair that paying the same price for something as someone else but missing things. I think cupra should retro fit them for free!
Yes totally agree - to be honest I didn't even know they sold them without rear speakers until I came across this forum - I mean a £36k car with no rear speakers is a joke to be honest! But yes, now this state where some have them and some do is poor from Cupra.
Yea I have owned so many bangers in my time and they have always had rear speakers lol. I do think it's a poor effort from Cupra, I did not realise the speakergate situation till I joined this forum too lol. Im quite impressed with the standard sound system, I have set the EQ to "Real Sound" for music and I use "talk" when listening to podcasts sounds better than my Lean FR 2021 I had before!

whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Boris7 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:51 pm
whathappened? wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:05 pm Took delivery of my New 58kwh V2 Born in Vapour Grey on Monday, I am absolutely in love with it so far. I am also happy to confirm it came with rear speakers (as evident by the fader controls and sound coming from the rear speakers lol) I read that this has not always been the case!

Since ordering it I have literally been obsessed with everything Cupra Born so I feel I was as prepared as I could be for the good and the bad when I got the keys. My YouTube history and google history is just Born this and Born that haha.

So far everything is going really well. I have noticed there is not an option in the Cupra connect app to remotely unlock and lock the car - I had this option on my previous Leon so not sure why it's not there. I love the acceleration on this thing it's crazy!

I have done full charge at home (see picture) and also out and about and pretty confident now how it all works haha. It's a bit faff to have million different apps for stuff but overall happy.

Lovely to meet you all!!!!

Liam
Can I just ask, why you didn’t put the charger further back along the wall? Wouldn’t need drape it over the car no matter which way around you parked.
Because parking there is only temp - we are having the front of the house done for a full driveway so that means I can park the car there and reach the charger no issue, the park im parked on right now is technically part of mine and next doors shared access between our properties but they don't mind me being there for overnight charges while the drive gets done.
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Roborn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:59 pm Another new owner here - a Quasar grey V2. Only had the car today, but having been all over the forums I was pleasantly surprised how easy I’ve found the haptic steering wheel buttons and sliders to use. My hands don’t go anywhere near the controls as I drive, and initial thoughts are it’s a non-issue for me. Had what I thought were a couple of issues with the app but found settings that allowed me to fix them. If I was less proficient with IT I might struggle with all the settings etc - I’m in my early 50’s so using pc’s and smartphones is part of my everyday job but I know friends and family might really struggle. For my first day I’m pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to drive and operate, I don’t tend to fiddle with heating etc much on a journey and always use CarPlay, so it’s been a much easier learning curve so far than I expected. Oh, and I got rear speakers too!!
Glad you got rear speakers - looks like it's standard now thank god! Yeah I have had no issues with the steering buttons, the reviews totally went over the top - I have not found them to be annoying at all. I just had to get used to volume being on the right side as it was on the left side on my 71 Leon. I had a few issues trying to figure out whether to let the car decide the shedule vs the Ohme charger (I have gone with the car for now and it seems to be working just fine) With my energy supplied. get 7hours a night at 10p per kwh which is great, means I can do a lot bigger charge for less. I know octopus is 7.5 but that's only for 4 hours I think!
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

alanjs wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:50 am
Boris7 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:51 pm
Can I just ask, why you didn’t put the charger further back along the wall? Wouldn’t need drape it over the car no matter which way around you parked.
I have to agree. I'm pretty pernickety about hand-washing the car, but I would expect most people would balk at draping a heavy cable over the car's paintwork, especially since it will pick up grit and will move about in the wind, scratching the paintwork.

You could always drive the car in forward and reverse out. I'm guessing another car parks in front of where this car is parked. Oh well, ETTO
As I mentioned to the other guy its only temp will be parking on the front once the driveway is finished, also the cable was only on the car for this photo, it reaches around the floor which I now do instead, I also park forward now and reverse out so my charge point for now is right next to the port on the car.
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

Hi Whateverhappened,

I wasn’t having a dig mate, just curious as that would do my head in personally.

We’re all different, I can’t stand cables draped around, even tidy my neighbours for him sometimes, he on the other hand washes all 3 of my cars every now and then as I never do, and it drives him up the wall.
Roborn

Post by Roborn »

Yes I got the rear speakers. I have an Ohme charger but at the moment no smart meter so I’ve just been using the car to charge to 80% and not really touched the Ohme app. It seems to assume the battery is at 0% so gives a charge finish time hours ahead and it’s done in 3 or 4 hours
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

I’m on IO Go and dumped the smart meter in favour of the Octopus app, much better and takes no worktop space.
Roborn

Post by Roborn »

I believe you need a smart meter for any of the cheap energy providers, otherwise your charger won’t know when cheap energy is being supplied?
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

Boris7 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:57 pm I’m on IO Go and dumped the smart meter in favour of the Octopus app, much better and takes no worktop space.
Your smart meter is in your meter cabinet outside, not on your worktop.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

Your correct, but most people refer to the display itself as the smart meter.

The display simply didn’t work properly after the 3 phase was connected, but in the app it did, but even that isn’t great with IOP. as information is delayed