Steering wheel not straight

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
hunggar

Post by hunggar »

I noticed straight away on my drive home after collecting my born that the steering wheel wasn’t straight. It’s slightly to the right. It drives straight like this on doesn’t pull but I think a steering wheel on a brand new car should be straight or nearly perfect. I brought it back to the dealer who checked it said it 2.6 (not sure if that’s percent or some other measurement) but under Cupras tolerance of 3. They had a go at correcting it but said they can’t get it any better. Courtesy car I had strangely had the exact same thing with the wheel. Has anyone had similar issues out there. Strange that 2 of 3 borns I drove have the same flaw. Surely a new car shouldn’t have an obviously misaligned steering wheel or am I being picky?!

poppo2K3

Post by poppo2K3 »

My car is just the same...a little but annoyingly to the left. I live in Denmark so my steering wheel is in the left side of the car.
I have driven 3 other Borns and they also have the steering wheel off center.
Strangely it gets more of center when driving with Travel Assist.
2023 | CUPRA Born | eBoost | 77 kWh
Tech M | Pilot L | Privacy Glass | Aurora Blue
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

Wheel alignment might be the issue?
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg
Baconrage

Post by Baconrage »

Hi, this is interesting as I just had the rear tyres replaced and the steering wheel is now not straight, I'm pretty sure it was perfectly straight before and now it is just slightly off to the right. Wouldn't have thought changing the rears should cause this.
V3 58kwh e-boost in Quasar gray.