Would you have another Born?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Very happy with the Born, would pick it again. In saying that, it's not my car, my wife absolutely loves it though. Love the interior, would fix a few small things obviously, some more fixed buttons etc.

Plan to keep in 6-8 years. What would be next, well something very close to the dimensions internally and externally so a facelift Born would be on the list. If the Fords interiors are like my ex Focus used to be, would really consider it, loved the ac controls and driver aids in my Focus, but was a company car so couldn't keep it.

I do have an annoying rattle on the dash, behind the screen on the cheap plastic, terrible quality in some parts of the cabin.
Last edited by Ponk on Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.

Splitpin

Post by Splitpin »

I love driving my Born. It's a good sized car, comfortable ,handles well and fits in my garage having replaced a Golf. However unless VAG get their act together and test the software properly then no I will not be buying another one. It's a great shame they do not take notice of customer complaints and sort them out.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I had mine delivered 1st week of Nov and wouldn’t get another. It’s leased so have it for 3 years. It is lovely to drive like a golf but with rear wheel drive and better weight distribution corners are clung too. I think the interior is cheap and nasty and the sound system is a joke for the value of the car. Also simple things like turning heating on etc.. mean scrolling through and flicking the screen.. absolutely everything has to be done through the screen. It’s so easy to touch the haptic controls that turn things down and off accidentally and the need to push a button to change the control of rear or front windows is annoying. I find all the internal things irritating. However it is so nice to drive and it does look really cracking, just my opinion.
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Scottie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:04 pm turning heating on etc.. mean scrolling through and flicking the screen.
???
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

Have mine since August, 5000km up on it. Running software version 3.5 from factory so have had zero issues. Would absolutely have another one. Love it.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

For me the Cupra is as good as it gets for an EV right now that isn't a hulking pig ugly SUV. Great as a second car, I still don't think we're at the point where most people would want one as their primary car. For me that won't come until we have the battery tech so that we can get a normal sized car that can do a genuine 300 motorway miles in the Winter and will recharge 80% in under 10 minutes (right now, despite there being a few 350kW chargers about, no one is charging at that rate on a rapid. Best I've had is a brief spell at 119kW on an Osprey charger, and a 79kW average rate. More often its closer to 60kW.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
antoniomapinho

Post by antoniomapinho »

I've owned mine since March 2022, now with 45000kms on the clock. Overall satisfied with the car apart from the more than common niggles with the infotainment.
I find the Model 3 visually unappealing (I'm putting mildly) both on the outside and on the inside (the Y is simply horrendous) but technically a couple of steps up. I still enjoy looking at and being inside the Born and driving it. As far as charging goes, I mostly charge it at home and can't say I've had real issues in the 5 trips I had to charge in the public network.
Having said this, would I buy another one? It's no longer 2022, the market has moved and options abound, so, I'd probably choose something else (again, not the 3 or Y) as there's more cost effective options out there, the Born currently seems overpriced.
I'd probably still stick to a EV, though, I've grown fond of EV drive.
MikeBornV2

Post by MikeBornV2 »

I've had mine for a year (~7500 miles) and overall, I really like it. It's on a lease scheme, I absolutely plan to get another one at the end of it, hopefully a 2.0 version with some of the kinks ironed out! What's been surprising also is that my wife actively loves it also - that's been a real positive tick in its favour.

Yes, I definitely have frustrations with the quality of the software. It needs improvement for sure. But overall, I really enjoy driving it, it's a nice compact car I'd recommend to almost anyone.
V2, no eBoost, in Blue.
Took the DCC and panoramic roof options.
SirRahikkala

Post by SirRahikkala »

I would not. The battery preconditioning is an issue which is relevant to where I live and my charging options.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

SirRahikkala wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:28 am I would not. The battery preconditioning is an issue which is relevant to where I live and my charging options.
What's the issue? Preconditioning works perfectly fine here.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.