Yea ya see... it's not that great is it...

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 708

Post by Deleted User 708 »

So, drove around all morning doing errands etc, clocked up a 200 miles+

Got home, plugged in the charger and got an emergency call-out to a Threatre in central London... can I go NOW. Show is live tonight and they have a problem.

Nope... only got 9% battery. No super-fast chargers anywhere near me. They will have to wait until I charge the car. I am 2hrs from central London.

Lost the job in the end :evil:

THIS is where I miss just going to the garage and just filling up.

Sorry to say, it looks like this will be my only dabble in the world of EV's :roll:

Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Not sure what's more embarrassing

1) Buying the wrong car for your lifestyle/job.

2) Coming on an EV forum and trying to blame the car.

If only there was some sort of world wide network that made research easier these days.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

200 miles before 10:25am? We're you delivering coke & hookers?
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.
Deleted User 708

Post by Deleted User 708 »

Neither is embarrassing. I had a different job when I bought the car.

The car is great. The tech and support however sucks. Where is this amazing infrastructure that is supposed to be appearing..... nowhere. Its literally 40 miles to my nearest 150kw charger here in my part the South West.

When you do get to a 150kw charger, it doesn't give out anywhere near 150kw. In fact, if there are two of you at the point, it halves when the other guy plugs his car in.

Anyway. It's gone from next month, so it's not going to be an issue!

200 miles - dropped some kit off to the south coast. Left at 5am to miss the crappy traffic
TaylorT2

Post by TaylorT2 »

Deleted User 708 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:06 pm Neither is embarrassing. I had a different job when I bought the car.

The car is great. The tech and support however sucks. Where is this amazing infrastructure that is supposed to be appearing..... nowhere. Its literally 40 miles to my nearest 150kw charger here in my part the South West.

When you do get to a 150kw charger, it doesn't give out anywhere near 150kw. In fact, if there are two of you at the point, it halves when the other guy plugs his car in.

Anyway. It's gone from next month, so it's not going to be an issue!

200 miles - dropped some kit off to the south coast. Left at 5am to miss the crappy traffic
Oh dear... So do you think that because a charger is 150kw that the car will charge at exactly 150kw?

If I was you I'd use this really cool tool called 'Google' to get some research done online.

I'd also consider doing some revision on your closest fast chargers before buying an electric car...
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

Just sounds like poor planning to me tbh, if I knew I was going to do 200 miles tomorrow early morning I’d schedule a 100% charge ready for my departure time and look up a IONITY 350kw charger on the way home, or go early and get a fast charge near the destination.

Letting the battery get down to 9% isn’t a great idea either, my 2 houses are 448 miles apart it’s not an issue unless you get up in the morning and decide just go and don’t bother to think first, but then some people just think the world should revolve around them.
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

Replace the word charging with Petrol!

Plus you brits really complain about distance when its as such a short measure. Particularly when my state is as big as your country.
A long distance for us is driving 12 hours Brisbane to Sydney :-P
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg
TaylorT2

Post by TaylorT2 »

tuppaware wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:07 pm Replace the word charging with Petrol!

Plus you brits really complain about distance when its as such a short measure. Particularly when my state is as big as your country.
A long distance for us is driving 12 hours Brisbane to Sydney :-P
Calm down Mr Australia, at least when I go to bed I don't have to worry about being eaten alive by a spider the same size as a fire engine.
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

I see the very mature OP has thrown his toys out of the pram and deleted his account. Didn't get the reaction he wanted I presume.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

TaylorT2 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:32 pm
Calm down Mr Australia, at least when I go to bed I don't have to worry about being eaten alive by a spider the same size as a fire engine.
The drop bears are a bigger worry
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg