Volume when opening door setting

All CUPRA Born related discussions
rsg444

Post by rsg444 »

Hi all, me again. The volume of the music when you open the door isn’t saving. It’ll work the one time in the same journey where I’ve set it but the next journey, the music will stay at the same volume when you open the door. Anyone else have this issue? Are there any workarounds?

Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Hi,
I have the same issue on my V2 (June 23), so hoping it will be sorted when the OTA (over the air) updates get rolled out, maybe
someone knows when this will happen?

I also have an issue where the "auto wipers when raining" function does not work so I have to leave in manual/intermittent mode,
again hoping this will get sorted with SW update...

If anyone knows a quick fix for above I'm all ears...?
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
rsg444

Post by rsg444 »

Thanks, do VAG not test their software properly? This should have been picked up in basic testing! Haha, who is their Test Lead?
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

Born_in_MCR wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:09 pm I also have an issue where the "auto wipers when raining" function does not work so I have to leave in manual/intermittent mode,
again hoping this will get sorted with SW update...
For auto wipers to work you have to leave it in intermittent mode. It took me a while to figure that out, as there's nothing that says "auto" anywhere. Mine work fine.

The door open volume setting not being saved is a bug. I have software version 3.2.1 and I still have the bug. New Borns have version 3.5 but I don't know if it's been fixed there.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
Deleted User 708

Post by Deleted User 708 »

I mean... seriously.... how hard is it to fix something as annoying as waking everyone up at 6am when you get in the car :twisted: :roll:

Mine still does that and I doubt they will ever fix it. I just remember to turn off the volume before I get out now
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

I've followed long and ridiculous threads about Cupra's and dealer's responses so far and it's looking doubtful that this will ever function properly.
Last edited by Elea4 on Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Auto wipers only working when set to "intermittent" mode is common for nearly every car model.

Radio volume, if I set mine anywhere above "just audible", eg. very loud, the next time I get in the car, it defaults to "just audible". I like this setup, not sure if it this is what your asking though?

Software is 0561 (I think).

Edit: My wife says it stays in the volume she leaves it on. Which confuses my as when I use the car after it’s parked for a while, the volume is just audible (quieter than what she would have it). I went to the store today and put it to silent and 15 mins later when I drove home it was still silent, maybe it defaults to a certain vol after a certain period of time ??
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

mluisbrown wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:27 am
"For auto wipers to work you have to leave it in intermittent mode. It took me a while to figure that out, as there's nothing that says "auto" anywhere. Mine work fine."

Hi,
I tested the "auto wipers when raining" here in rainy Manchester & they defiantly don't work on my V2 58Kw (SW 0561) - With the option
activated in the infotainment system & the wiper stalk in position 1 (intermittent) it never reacts to the rain, moving the sensitivity switch
to the right the wipers do 1 single wipe then stop, moving the switch to the left has no impact..

Hopefully some OTA SW updates soon will fix my issue...

Thanks for your advice
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

Ponk wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:43 am Radio volume, if I set mine anywhere above "just audible", eg. very loud, the next time I get in the car, it defaults to "just audible". I like this setup, not sure if it this is what your asking though?
No, this is about when you're in the car and have the radio on quite loud, when you open the door, the volume doesn't change, so everyone around you hears the radio :) There is a setting for automatically reducing the volume when opening the door, and it works, but only once. The next time you get into the car, this setting is forgotten, and the "open door" volume is the same as whatever the radio volume is.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Ah ok, got you. Would need to test that and report back.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.