Changing default driving mode

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Spud1926

Post by Spud1926 »

Some were asking if the default driving mode could be changed. I think I have worked it out. The factory default is Comfort but if you press and hold the power button on the centre screen the display just shows the clock and below are two buttons. One of these is driver mode. Change your preferences there and turn the unit back on. Now when you next use the car th default should be the one you chose. Hope that helps

Spud1926

Post by Spud1926 »

Update- the next day it’s gone back to comfort. Don’t know if it’s elapsed time or the act of charging
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It's an EU directive at play. So you get representative fuel economy/efficiency (vs official cycle figures) unless you consciously opt out by changing mode, you will default to comfort settings for engine/motor on every ignition cycle. All VAG cars have done this since about 2013, regardless of marque and fuel.

Used to happen to my 2015 Golf R. It used to visibly be in "Race" mode, yet have the dulled throttle response of "Comfort" on every ignition cycle until you cycled through the driving modes back to "Race", then it would act like it was in "Race". Same on the Born. Leave it in "Cupra" mode and you'll get the heavy steering, but Comfort throttle response until you go away from Cupra mode and back to it.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:28 pm It's an EU directive at play.
Lol. They need to put an "Obey EU Directives" slider switch in the infotainment system so you can choose whether or not to subject yourself to this stupidity! I would leave mine greyed out!