Proactive Speed Adjustment Erroneous Changes

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

Is anyone else using the Proactive Speed Adjust feature and experiencing occasions where the car decides there is a change in speed limit when no such change exists?

The specifics:
Cupra Born V3
While driving using ACC and with the proactive speed limit feature on.

The location where this occurred was on M4 motorway in UK between Reading and Heathrow, in the Smart Motorway section with the variable speed limit capability.

Until recently there were 5 locations along the eastbound section of that motorway where the car decided that the speed limit changed from 70mph to 50mph, there was no such limit in force at the time. There were also similar occurrences along the westbound section, but they were less prevalent.

Recently, probably coinciding with the 23.9 nav database update, most of these erroneous changes have disappeared.

I have been in contact with Cupra Care to ask if there is anything that can be done, I have been assuming that there is an error in the Nav Database. After showing significant interest in the fault, I was passed to the UK import team. The UK team have asked that the car be taken to a workshop and checked for faults.

I don’t believe this is unique to my vehicle and would like to ask if others have found the same please?
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus

mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

I have similar issues in Portugal. There are stretches of motorway where it thinks there is a lower speed limit that doesn't exist, and also other stretches of dual carriageway where the limit is 90 or 100km/h and it suddenly thinks it's 120km/h (the normal motorway speed limit here) for no apparent reason. I've always assumed it's issues with the navigation database and thought there's very little I can do about it.

It happens infrequently enough that it doesn't really bother me that much.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

I had too when I picked the Born up. Using ACC the speed changed according to the limit. At occasions it thought the limit was 100mph and promptly changed and accelerated towards 100mph. Promptly turned this feature off
Cupra Born V2 58kWh - Silver. Tech L
Porsche Macan MY23 GTS - Crayon