Heating stuck on high - Clima not responding!

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

Last night I put the heaters on high as I was driving home with a pizza in the footwell. Today my wife has taken the car to pick up our baby grandson and the heating is stuck on high.

The clima controls are not responding and are showing as off even though the fans are on the setting I had them on last night and blowing out hot air. Restarting anything has no effect, and now this car has to transport a baby.

These heavily software driven cars are dangerous. Far too much time is spent wrestling with laggy unresponsive controls when the focus should be on the road. Unfortunately that’s hard to concentrate on when the car is trying to cook you. Now my wife has to drive home with the windows down to let the heat out!

Any ideas how I can fix? She’s not amused and neither am I to be honest.
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot

Juan33

Post by Juan33 »

Hi there, that happens to me many times already and is so annoying, try resetting the infotainment by ( pressing down the power button on the bottom left of the screen), press and hold until the logo of cupra appears, this takes about 20 seconds sometimes but normally works. Hope it help 👍👍
BobW13

Post by BobW13 »

Hi, just had similar this morning, though thankfully temp set at a comfortable level.

I will try the reset option above as I rang my local dealership who said it would need to be booked in and earliest they can offer me is 3rd Jan! Or alternatively I can have a triage call on Monday 18th Dec, WTF - a triage call!??
rsg444

Post by rsg444 »

I had a similar issue earlier last weekend. My fans were off and when I started driving I wanted them on heat the interior but more importantly, to clear the mist. The climate screen would not respond so I had to pull over as the mist became dangerous. I had to press an hold the power button to do a hard reset which sorted things out. I agree, its very poor from Cupra.
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

Is it responding to voice commands? Try pressing the voice command on steering wheel and saying "set temperature 20 degrees". Worth a try.
SquintyPixels

Post by SquintyPixels »

Had the same issue which turned out to get pretty dangerous as I was spending time trying to sort the software and not on the road.

After I turned off the Max Heating to clear the interior condensation in the car, it started blowing cold air at max power. Bear in mind it's about 2° - so blowing cold air when I have my child in the back on oxygen is not ideal.

Anyway, no way to change the air from cold to hot. Then today, my option was full max heating or full max cold air blowing. CLIMA was completely greyed out and unresponsive.

The website claims "As with most state-of-the-art technology'. This is marketing spin at it's finest. Let's be honest, the software in this car is as bargain bucket Chinese basic as can get, so I actually find that claim quite misleading and insulting. Sadly the poor software and UI really negatively affects what is otherwise a very good car. If a car so heavily depends on it's software for operating, then the software should not be an afterthought. From freezing screens requiring to stop and restart the car, to CLIMA issues and bizarre audio controls, I am incredibly disappointed by the poor software implemented.

As stated earlier in this thread, having to faff about with controls takes the drivers attention away from the road. This will undoubtedly result in some fatal incidents, if it hasn't already.
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

SabreDentist wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:23 pm Is it responding to voice commands? Try pressing the voice command on steering wheel and saying "set temperature 20 degrees". Worth a try.
This is how I set it.
Noting that a light press to get the onboard voice assistant and a long press to get Siri or Google Assistant
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg
dooleydoo

Post by dooleydoo »

I had this problem at the weekend. I used the app to heat the car and then when I got in i couldn't change anything or even turn the heating off before the 30 mins it runs for was over.
Baconrage

Post by Baconrage »

I had this just this evening, the second reboot of the infotainment fixed it.
V3 58kwh e-boost in Quasar gray.
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

This happened to me as well