Rear Parking Sensors Unavailable/Impact Warnings

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
rusty-away

Post by rusty-away »

Hi all

Ever since I've had my vehicle it will occasionally warn "An impact was detected" when I start the vehicle, even though no such impact has occurred. Yesterday, I got a warning "Rear Parking Sensors Unavailable" and a couple of yellow lights on the dash.

I can't help but think that these may be related. There is no obvious problem with the sensors, they are clean and undamaged. The vehicle has never been driven in the rain or on wet roads and, for that matter, hasn't been washed yet (I've only had it a short while) so I'm pretty sure water ingression isn't in play.

The only dealer in Western Australia is 450km away and I don't plan on heading to the big smoke for a few weeks yet.

Any thoughts on what this may be and are there any ways to reset alarms?

Edit: 12 hours later I jumped into the car and it was fine. No alarms. Go figure...

Cheers

Rusty

CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

I nearly broke my neck yesterday.... the rear parking sensors jammed (and I mean jammed) the brakes on with a high pitched warning tone when backing into an entirely empty space. Thought I had hit something.
No cars for 3 spaces either side of the one I was aiming for.

Can only presume it saw a row of 8mm high pavers set in the road as decoration and assumed that was an obstacle and halted proceedings. Once I over-rode the warning, it reversed fine.

Self driving cars my backside :roll:
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

CupraCool wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:16 pm I nearly broke my neck yesterday.... the rear parking sensors jammed (and I mean jammed) the brakes on with a high pitched warning tone when backing into an entirely empty space. Thought I had hit something.
No cars for 3 spaces either side of the one I was aiming for.

Can only presume it saw a row of 8mm high pavers set in the road as decoration and assumed that was an obstacle and halted proceedings. Once I over-rode the warning, it reversed fine.

Self driving cars my backside :roll:
I have a small lip at the front of my garage that the door closes against. It's only about 1cm high but I have to approach very slowly and ignore the screams from the sensor warnings in order to get into the garage.
I've also had the car slam on the brakes as I was parking when the wind blew a small leaf-covered branch across the front of the car.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

I've read on the ID.3 forum that turning off Autohold will stop it doing this. I've not had an opportunity to try it in the Cupra, but I expect it will be the same.
CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

MikeyB wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:32 am I've read on the ID.3 forum that turning off Autohold will stop it doing this. I've not had an opportunity to try it in the Cupra, but I expect it will be the same.
The amount of 'Tech' that I have ended up turning off on this car because it sucks is ridiculous. App, internet, lane assist, Led colour = drive mode, dipping mirrors. auto dip headlights, sat/nav etc

The sat/nav needs updating I think. The other day, the route it planned for me was 14 miles longer than Googlemaps (whole trip was only 48 miles). I have also noticed the sat/nav has started making errors with the HUD. It points to the wrong exit occasionally on roundabouts. I have gone back to Google maps.
rusty-away

Post by rusty-away »

MikeyB wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:32 am
The amount of 'Tech' that I have ended up turning off on this car because it sucks is ridiculous. App, internet, lane assist, Led colour = drive mode, dipping mirrors. auto dip headlights, sat/nav etc

The sat/nav needs updating I think. The other day, the route it planned for me was 14 miles longer than Googlemaps (whole trip was only 48 miles). I have also noticed the sat/nav has started making errors with the HUD. It points to the wrong exit occasionally on roundabouts. I have gone back to Google maps.
We don't have those problems here in Australia. We get the "poor man's" version of the Born. No app, no nav, no HUD, wired Android Auto. Bliss, if you're not into tech. Crap if you like your tech...

Cheers

Rusty