Born has 7 speakers now

All CUPRA Born related discussions
JurassicBorn

Post by JurassicBorn »

My new born which is a MY24 and has the R In the chassis number has the rear speakers.
Now I have played with the system set up, I am quite pleased with the quality of sound. It's certainly as good as the Bose in our old Leaf.
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh
2023 Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0
2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Mine was delivered on Thursday 9th Nov 73 plate V2, and has no rear speakers but I think 7 at the front ? Theres definitely 2 on the pillars one either side of the dash and 1 on each front door panel and I think there’s a centre one. I think for the cost of the car it’s pathetic it distorts when at a mid / higher volume with very little bass even when you change the sound settings on the screen and phone.

There are all the grills/ cavities for them in the rear doors so why they couldn’t have even put a few cheaper ones in the back is bizarre even cheap cars have that.

Over all though it’s listenable just not good, only my opinion. I had a Merc A250e before with standard system and subwoofer and it was awesome compared to this. Might just take a chargeable Bluetooth with me 😂
JurassicBorn

Post by JurassicBorn »

Scottie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:43 pm Mine was delivered on Thursday 9th Nov 73 plate V2, and has no rear speakers but I think 7 at the front ? Theres definitely 2 on the pillars one either side of the dash and 1 on each front door panel and I think there’s a centre one. I think for the cost of the car it’s pathetic it distorts when at a mid / higher volume with very little bass even when you change the sound settings on the screen and phone.

There are all the grills/ cavities for them in the rear doors so why they couldn’t have even put a few cheaper ones in the back is bizarre even cheap cars have that.

Over all though it’s listenable just not good, only my opinion. I had a Merc A250e before with standard system and subwoofer and it was awesome compared to this. Might just take a chargeable Bluetooth with me 😂
Does yours have an R in the chassis number?
MY24 cars have R and speakers in the rear and fader control on the sound configuration.
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Hi yes it does have a R in the number. 👍🏻
cloudfury2

Post by cloudfury2 »

Hi all,
I was just saying on another thread that I wasn’t sure whether ours has rear speakers. We have 23 plate V2, delivered in January. Sat in the back I was certain I could hear sound from the lower door grill, but not the upper by the handles
JurassicBorn

Post by JurassicBorn »

cloudfury2 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:18 am Hi all,
I was just saying on another thread that I wasn’t sure whether ours has rear speakers. We have 23 plate V2, delivered in January. Sat in the back I was certain I could hear sound from the lower door grill, but not the upper by the handles
Does your chassis number have an R as the 10th digit?
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
cloudfury2

Post by cloudfury2 »

JurassicBorn wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:48 pm
Hiya,
Yes we do have R as 10th digit.

Many Thanks
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Can confirm my V2 73 plate I picked up in December last year has rear speakers - confirmed with moving balance control to rear and sound coming from the rear door speakers :)
JurassicBorn

Post by JurassicBorn »

whathappened? wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:01 pm Can confirm my V2 73 plate I picked up in December last year has rear speakers - confirmed with moving balance control to rear and sound coming from the rear door speakers :)
That's the way to tell, no balance control on 5 speaker cars as well as chassis number.
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh
2018 Porsche Macan GTS